☆꧁༒ crying in the rain ༒꧂☆

It was dark outside.

Rain was pouring like cats and dogs.

Seungho was in his residence drinking and enjoying himself with his friends.

His mind played back the scene when he shared that intimate moment with Na-Hyun.

One serving woman asked.

"Has something pleasant happened recently, my lord? You seem to be in a good mood."

"Hmm, it is none of your concern." Seungho rudely answered her while she poured another cup of alcohol.

"Look here, master Yoon! Didn't you say that an artist of yours finished a painting recently?" One of the nobles asked.

"What of it?" He again replied rudely.

"I brought this, especially for today! It is a rare liquor said to get you drunk after a mere sniff!" The friend spoke loud enough for everyone to hear while he raised a white jar that had a cloth covering, high up in the air.

"I thought it would be fitting to drink it at your residence, lord Yoon."

"Huh" He looked at the jar.

"Liquor and paintings? even the Gods could not ask more!" One of the other guys shouted in excitement.

Things on Na-Hyun's end didn't look bright.

"Sir, SIR PLEASE. All this I did for you, my learned sir." Na-Hyun projected as she ran after the speedwalking sir In-Hun.

"Painting the depraved affairs of that man was all on my account, you say? Now you think to use me as an excuse? Your dark lust led you to flit in and out of Yoon Seungho's quarters every night, yet you want to say it was all because of me?" He turned around and dismayed his displeasure.

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LONGS FOR IT, YET YOU DARE TO BLAME OTHERS! DON'T YOU KNOW HOW A WOMAN SHOULD BEHAVE!!!" Jung In-hun burst out while he and his student were getting drenched in the yard.

"Master Seungho promised that if I painted for him he would ensure you fame and glory. And so I..."

"Stop!" Na-Hyun was interrupted by In-Hun.

"What you're telling me now is that without that frivolous man's help I could never work in the government office."

"NO NO IT IS NOT MY LORD!!!! That's not what I meant!"

"I've heard enough." Saying that he turned around and left for his chambers leaving the poor woman stranded in the yard under the heavy rain.

---------

It was the next day and it was still raining cats and dogs.

"It hasn't stopped raining since yesterday. The raindrops have gotten fatter too." One of the men joked.

Seungho was with some other nobles as he smoked his pipe.

His mind rewound to yesterday when he saw Na-Hyun and In-Hun getting wet in the rain. He deciphered from In-Hun's expression that he was mad and Na-Hyun looked sad and distraught.

He also remembered that right after that he invited the woman with her paintings for the nobles to see.

Of course, Na-Hyun's paintings were praised but the paintress was utterly uncomfortable displaying her artwork and on top of that she was wet from head to toe.

"WHAT THE LIQUOR IS GONE?" One of the nobles' screams broke Seungho from his trance.

"I am sorry my lord, I am certain I set it on top of the table but now I cannot find it anywhere." The servant gave his explanation.

"If anyone has that potent liquor then they cannot have gone far. It's most likely they will be crawling around someplace. I will destroy whoever this person is, so bring him to me immediately." The noble was raged hearing his precious liquor was gone.

The thief was none other than Na-Hyun but the men didn't know about this.

She was in her room sitting by the window and gazing at the wet environment.

But most importantly, she was drowning in her own sorrow as she gulped every last drop of the potent liquor.

The liquor was too strong for her conscience and so she fainted right at the spot.

Some time later when Na-Hyun was shivering like a leaf while she lay on the cold and barren floor an unknown person entered the chamber.

"What a sight!" The person expressed.

"Sir... my learned siiiiirr" her noodle legs wobbled as she got up and walked closer to the person she called sir.

She kept her hands on his shoulders to support her from falling down. Yet she couldn't manage to look into his eyes.

"Sir In-Hun... please, it is nothing like what you think. How could I ever think that... how could you think that I would think such a thing. I've always respected and admired you, sir. How can you not see how I feel. I... I... I... Love you, sir." It was the alcohol that gave her the guts to speak all the words that she had been bottling up for a while.

But the alcohol had seemed to have given her a lot more courage than she had expected as the next thing she did was she got on her toes and her lips touched the man's lips.

But unbeknownst to her, the man was not Jung In-Hun but the very own landlord of the house, master Yoon Seungho.