Movies and Consequences

/// Of Movies and Consequences by Yellowberri ///Not my story just so you know. And the actual link is at the end///P.S this is pretty long with at least 47446 words so sit tight///

-Start now-

I

melda's head swam as she tried to adjust to the sudden, and unexpected teleportation from her home in the land of the dead to a dim room with lots of chairs. The rest of her dead family appeared to be just as disoriented as her. Her brothers swapped heads, a common practice they did to mess with people, so that they would be back on their proper bodies. She pushed back the urge to roll her eyes, as she focused on trying to figure out where she and her family suddenly appeared.

"What just happened?" Victoria asked, as she studied the room with the same critical eye Imelda did.

"I don't know, but this room has no exits." Imelda said, looking for any kind of escape for her family. There were no doors, windows, or even any air vents. Despite this small fact. The room seemed to have a cool breeze flowing through it.

"Maybe there's a secret exit-"

"-and we just have to trigger it." Her brothers suggested, as they started patting the walls to look for just that.

"Maybe if we can find the source of the breeze, we can find the exit." Rosita suggested, and started trying to locate the source.

"How did we even get here?" Julio asked, ducking his head into his ribcage.

Before Imelda could throw in her two cents, a bright flash similar to the one that brought them there caught their attention, and their living relatives stood before them with dazed expressions of their own. This only served to confuse Imelda even more. Whatever brought them there wanted the whole family, not just the dead.

"What just happened?" Rosa asked, unknowingly echoing Tia Victoria's question.

"That is exactly what I want to- DIOS MIO!" Elena all but screamed when she looked at the dead family. This caused all of the other living Riveras to look their way, and they collectively gasped in shock.

"They can see us?" Victoria asked with just as much surprise as the living expressed mere seconds ago.

"V-Victoria?" Elena asked almost hopefully when her long dead sister spoke.

"Papa Julio?" Berto asked now that one of the dead had been recognized as family.

"Tia Rosita?" Rosa asked, spotting her namesake.

"Oscar?" Enrique asked, looking at Filipe.

"No."

"Guess again!" The twins looked more than delighted to have someone stumped about who was who.

"Can you two be serious for once? We have a crisis on our hands!" Imelda snapped, the situation beyond stumping her.

"Mama Imelda?" Miguel asked breathlessly. Though there seemed to be a twinge of fear instead of a twinge of awe.

"Mama?" Coco piped up from her wheelchair. Imelda stopped her panic, and ran to her sweet, elderly daughter. She knew from the recent Dia de Muertos that her mind was failing her.

"Yes. I am here, mija." She soothed gently.

"Is Papa home yet?" She asked, and Imelda smothered that familiar flare of rage at the man who had abandoned them to play for the world. For her poor, ailing daughter, she would be calm.

"No, no, my sweet Coco. But you have your family here with you." She gestured for Victoria to come over.

"See? Your daughter is here. Victoria." She said, and Victoria placed a hand on her mother's