Chapter 1

Hey peeps! This is the first chapter :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"Come on! Finish quickly!" Kareena says tensed. Then she hears a *tring* sound. She quickly opens the microwave and takes out a milk bottle.

"Ah! Ah! Ah!" She shrieks with pain as she touches the milk bottle and keeps throwing it between her hands.

She then drops it on the table and blows her fingers trying to cool down the heat in her fingertips. The lights suddenly go off and everything turns dark, as soon as it turns dark she hears the door close. She pats her hand on the table trying to find the bottle and then she hears a 'thud' sound, she stops the rolling bottle with her hands and holds it close to her chest.

"Is-is anyone there?" She asks, her heart beating faster because of the fear of what lies in the dark. The white lights in the room suddenly start flickering almost blinding her eyes. She looks up to the lights and takes a few steps backward in fear, starting to shiver, not removing her eyes from the lights, it reminds her of the ghost movies she has seen; the lights flicker when the ghost is around, typical ghost movies.

"Hi" she heard a male voice and she jerked.

"H-hi?" She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, still shivering and look towards the direction from which the voice came.

She could see a pair of familiar grey-hazel eyes and a sweet smile. The man looked around his mid-twenties, tall and fit. He walked to the switchboard and switched off one light, then changed the light and switched it on. All the lights stopped flickering and stayed on. She then could see his face. He looked at her, removing his eyes from the light and he whispered something to himself. She tried to remember where she had seen this familiar face and widened her eyes in realization after a jog through her memories. And suddenly everything turned blank.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Kareena's Pov

I slowly open my eyes and the bright light flashes making me flinch a bit. A rub my eyes a little and wait for my eyes to adjust to the light, I open my eyes and find myself in one of the hospital rooms. 'How am I here?' I mutter to myself.

'I was supposed to be in the staff's recess room, heating milk for baby. But something had happened and I don't remember it exactly. The lights started flickering then... someone entered the room? Wait, what? No no, that's not what happened. I'm mixing up everything!' I thought.

I rest my head on my hands as I sat up on the bed. And then it struck me, 'I WAS SUPPOSED TO GIVE BABY MILK!' I quickly jump out of bed and was about to exit the room when I remembered the milk. I started searching for the milk bottle in the room but failed to find it. 'Let me first go check on baby' and I ran to Vaish di's room.

If you are wondering 'who's that?' then to answer your question she is a friend I made in the hospital when I was here, Vaishnavi is her name and she is 22 years old. She's like my sister and she is in the hospital because...her love Abhishek—with whom she was engaged so fiancee— had lost his life. So she's here to treat herself just like me when I lost my brother.

As I entered the room, I saw Vaish di holding baby in her arms and feeding her milk just like how a mother would feed her baby. Water filled up my eyes, and I hadn't realized it until my vision turned blurry. I quickly wiped my tears away leaving no traces and chuckled to myself 'So this is where the milk bottle went'. Vaish di heard my chuckle and looked towards me, her lips curving into a smile automatically. I walk to her and she passes baby to me carefully.

All of you must be wondering who is this 'baby' I keep talking about, right? Is it a he or she? It's a she. Is she my baby? No, she is my sister, my cute baby sister who is only 8 months old and who I have still not named which is my sole reason to call her 'baby'. My mom is in a critical stage after giving birth to baby at the age of 45. I want her to get well soon, but the doctor asks us not to keep high hopes. I already lost my brother and just recovered from my trauma and now if I lose her too...I don't even want to imagine.

As baby is passed in my arms, she smiles and gets comfortable. She hasn't been held by her mother even once and since the day she was born, she has been with me. My dad has held her, but not as much as me, he concentrates more on our mom, even he doesn't want to lose another loved one. He tries to spend time with baby as much as possible though that's very little. All of us are trying to put our family together like how it was before, all happy. One thing that bothers me is that my mother and my brother never got a chance to hold baby, they didn't get a chance to even see her but I hope at least my mom will get the chance.

I felt a hand on my shoulder, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Ree, all will be well soon..." Vaish di said looking into my eyes. I placed —now sleeping— baby on the bed and hugged Vaish di, sobbing in her embrace and letting my feelings out. The only person on whom I can cry now is her. The door opened and Dr.Lina came in. I wiped my tears and pulled away from the hug.

"Kareena! I have been searching for you" Dr.Lina informed and sat on the small metal chair near the bed.

"You fainted in the staff's lounge because you haven't been eating properly. An intern who found you there had informed us" she glared at me and I smiled sheepishly in return.

"Yes! I wanted to ask you and totally forgot" Vaish di narrowed her eyes at me.

"Sorry sorry! I will eat properly now onwards" I held my ears and asked for forgiveness.

They both smiled, "Now onwards you will come to my room when you are eating. I want to see you eat" Vaish di ordered and I nodded my head agreeing. It's not like I have another option except for agreeing with her.

"Ok girls! I need to be on rounds, see you later" Dr.Lina stood up and walked out of the room.

"So...now that baby is asleep you want to go hunting for some baby names?" I asked Vaish di and we both squealed quietly.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't forget to comment and vote!

What do you think about Kareena and Vaishnavi?
Who do you think is the male she saw in the room?