Chapter 66. Marauders in Pub II ☾

A/N:  Hey guys after a very long time I'm back, I really don't know what to say well as you guys know my dad's health is not good he is hospitalized currently and the past two months has been so stressful and I don't known if I can continue this book anymore but I hope I can complete this book it will take sometime...I can't update regularly but I will update twice a month or once, I hope you guys can understand...( I'm not dead ) lol

⭑⭒──⚝⚝──⭒─

"Sirius is in control of the Black estate, not me. Not that I want it. I mean, money's great, but I make enough as an auror. I'm not really concerned. Besides, Harry's a sweet kid who had a rough hand dealt to him. He deserves it."

Severus blinked. "That's very…noble…of you, Miss Tonks."

"Why do you care what Harry inherits, anyway? I thought you hate him." Severus opened his mouth. "Then again, I once snuck down and overheard your password. I guess if you had a crush on the boy's mother, then it would be hard to deny his charm."

"Miss Tonks…"

"But you hate him, or act like it. Your eyes never say it, though." She tapped her chin. "So, why would Severus Snape pretend to hate the boy-who-lived while secretly liking him? Obviously, it's because of your death eater position, but that's not keeping you with Sirius."

"Miss Tonks, it is not for you to figure out my life."

"Well, if it's anyone's job, it's mine now." She sighed. "Let's see. Sirius is Harry's godfather, and you care about Harry's well-being, but with your position as a spy, it is very dangerous to live with either of them. So, why would you need to live with Sirius?" Her eyes widened. "You have some sort of deal."

"What?" Severus' brow furrowed.

"Nope, not the case. You would've freaked out if I got it right. Okay, so, no deal with Dumbledore. Does he even know?" Severus stared unblinkingly. "Ah, so he doesn't. Okay, why would you live with Sirius and keep it from Dumbledore?" Her smile broadened. "Lily asked you to take care of Harry, and James asked Sirius to do the same."

"Miss Tonks…"

"No, that's it. You two are both Harry's guardians."

"And why must we figure that out now?"

She shrugged. "We have nothing else to do. Unless, you want to repeat last night." She flopped down on the bed. "I wasn't lying you know. I do like you."

An hour later, Sirius returned to the pub. Great, the boys hadn't seen Severus since last night. He rubbed his temples. What could have happened? A discreet firecall to Kreacher had him sure that no death eater meetings had been called. So, now he had to retrace his steps.

The last time he saw Severus, a young woman was taking him upstairs and…oh, oh no. The room. The only closed room. He ran upstairs, fumbling in his jacket pocket for the key. Wait, he's a wizard. He pulled out his wand, promising never to mention this to Severus or Draco. Hopefully, the man was still asleep, and no one would be the wiser. He spelled the door open, checking to make sure it would unlock.

Severus heard the door opening. His eyes widened as he lost contact with Dora's lips. She whimpered. He looked over to find a hungover Sirius Black.