Chapter 3

• ~ 2012 ~ •

Two months after new year, Heesung, his brother and his mother had finally arrived at the heart of Japan, Tokyo.

Japan's New York, that what is often called. There is so much to see.
So they decided to explore what this big city has to offer.
On their way there, they took a subway to get to the city centre.
In order to get into the train, the three managed to squeeze through the many passengers before the door can barely close behind them.

After pushing through the crowd to get out of the station, they finally made to their destination.

"Welcome to Tokyo!", his brother reads out loud the huge sign of a building enthusiastically.

A new city. A fresh start.
I hope things will get better soon.
Heesung thought hopefully.

——

Her parents finished their shift early - which meant for them more quality time together as a family!

As usual, they went to their favourite karaoke bar near the center of the city. A place where family and friends sing their hearts out and be in the present moment where you can relax and have fun. A good activity to end a stressful day.

After their karaoke session, the Choi Family took an evening stroll in the city. They passed by various resaurants and small shops. The shop owners were slowly wrapping up their last orders before they close for the day.
The sun slowly set between an aile of buildings, a sight that Ari loved of this city.
As they continued walking, something red caught Ari. She stepped a few steps back until she reached a music store. In front of the shop they had various of little instruments in the color palette of a rainbow. Every instrument has its own color.
One particular instrument stood out: It was a miniature version of a guitar. But instead of six strings, she could only count four which was new to her. Its cherry red color was smooth as she let her fingertips glide onto the surface.

"This is a beautiful ukulele", her father put his hands on her sholder.

Ari was so drawn to the ukuele that she forgot that her parents were waiting for her.

"Let's make a deal. If you, my angel, get a  good score in your upcoming test, then I'll buy it for you."
Ari beamed as she hugged her dad very tight around his waist. She'll make sure to do that and make her parents proud.

With that motivation of Ari's, the two quickly caught up with Ari's mother and turned around the corner to the train station.

——

After the Choi Family took their leave,
on the other side of the road, Heesung also got interessted in the red ukulele but quickly shook it of as he saw a girl who wanted it as well.
He wasn't the selfish type, in fact, he's a giver and always put the others first. That's how selfless he is, even though the girl whose back he could only see was a stranger. He would rather give the ukulele to her than to own it by himself.

"Heesung! Come on! We need to hurry if we want to catch the last train home!", his mother shouted and grabbed his little hand, and just like that they also gone to where Ari and her parents headed.