E L E V E N

"Oh my god." Phastos says as the globe he had up starts beeping and sersi runs in, I guess it was starting. "What about the unimind?" Sersi asks, "I haven't figured out a way to connect us but I'm close, I'm very very close." He replies. "How much longer?"

"I don't know sersi!" He snaps before handing something to makkari and telling her to find the point of emergence. She's off in milliseconds and now I guess all we could do was wait until she was back and Phastos had figured this out.

I'm stood with Sersi, "hey calm down we're gonna do this." I assure her not really sure myself but wanting to try and be of some comfort. "Do you think we're doing the right thing?" She asks me twisting her hands together, I shrug, "I don't know, but who cares we've got to do what we think is right, what you think is right. Don't listen to anybody else, listen to your gut and I will follow whatever you say regardless of the others." She let's out a breath and nods, "killing a whole planet can't be right." I nod in agreement, "it can't be." She already had her mind made up I think she was just speaking her thoughts as she began to overthink.

"Thank you." She says with a half smile making me shrug again, "I'm here whenever you need me." She walks off soon after that and I find myself with Druig who had just been talking to Thena.

"Do you think I can do this?" Druig asks suddenly, "without a doubt in my mind." I reply with zero hesitation, "I think you're right." He says after a moment, "about?" He looks uneasy, "I think one of us is going to die." I shake my head, "no I think I was wrong, I think we'll be fine."

"And if I'm wrong and we I do die, I promise you I will come back as a ghost and haunt you, so you will always still have me." I say making him laugh, "I'm not so sure that's appealing my love." I mockingly roll my eyes, "well make your mind up."

I don't pay Ikaris any attention as he rejoins us until he uses his lasers to destroy Phastos planning. We all get up and move forwards. "Boss what are you doing?" Kingo yells out in shock. "I've let this go on long enough." Ikaris says making my brows furrow.

"Don't hurt him!" Sersi yells as she runs in and helps Phastos up. "He lied to us, he already knew about the emergence." She continues. "No he didn't." Kingo says adamantly defending him.

"Ajak told me everything when we left Babylon." Ikaris confirms making me just stare at him in disbelief. "You were never going to let us stop the emergence."

"No I only wanted to protect you from the deviants." I couldn't believe this, I couldn't believe him. "If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me?" Sersi asks confused.

"Son of a bitch." I curse once I see his guilt stricken face, "what have you done?" Sersi asks in shock. "He killed her." Druig says bluntly my eyes burn as I try and will myself not to cry. "You backstabbing bastard." I growl taking a step forward ready to kill him. Druig quickly throws his arm in front of me his hand holding my waist securely to stop me.

"How could you?" I ask in utter disbelief, "I had to." He says getting teary himself, "bullshit!"

"She loved you." Serisi tells him as my tears finally fall, "did she?" I almost fight my way out of Druigs grip, "don't you dare, she loved all of us and you know it, why would you do this Ikaris? How could you have killed her and comforted me inches away from her corpse?" I was so hurt, I had loved this man, I had trusted him and cared for him deeply for him to betray us like this.

"Do you think it was easy to live with the truth? To know that one day all this would end? To keep on lying to you." He says to Sersi as she too cries. "If we have humanity the choice how many of them would be willing to die so that billions more could be born?" I couldn't care less about that right now.