chapter 2 getting to know people

So we sat there in the elevator while it was very quiet. Brett started to whistle because it started so get awkward in the elevator.so after a minute or two of brett whistling the elevator stoped and the door opened.

He let me go first and he walked me down a hallway to a room on the left. He looked like he has such a perfect life, he just looks so happy. I walked in and a man that looked like he was in his 40s or 30s sitting at a desk. He was on the phone with someone that seemed like a friend or relative.

"Yes that sounds great...yes i can do that....ok see you latter someone just walked in my office, byyy xoxo". He hangs up the phone and looks up at me."Ah you must be our new worker. y/n right"? He said while looking at me and brett that was beside me. "Yes im y/n and i just wanted to know were my work space will be and where i will be working". I said like i didn't want to be there, but i did. "Your office will be on the second floor in room five and you will work in the battle room which brett here works in so he can show you where it is, got it"? He said while looking at me and brett."yup! Thank you". I said while walking out of his office with my stuff in my hands and brett folowed beside me.

"That is so cool that you will be working with me! I have to show you my other friends that work in the battle room. This is so cool to have a new worker in the building"! He said with excitement and a big smile on his face. We both went back to the elevator and brett decided that he would help me unpack in my new office so he rode down with me and after another long wait we ended up getting to my new office.
I saw that it hade the number five on it and my name. I opened the door with my only open hand and looked to see how big it was. "Well it should have too do". I said seeming very disappointed. "Oh its fine, you'll live". He said with still a smile on his face, it seemed like he never stoped smiling but it felt a little comforting just to see him smile like that.
He grabed some pictures out of the box and sat them on the desk, while i was putting papers and invention on shelfs in the corner of the room. "Is this you"? Brett said hopping that it was me because it would be weird to have a random picture of a kid in a frame. "Yup thats me in 5th grade, i was the smartest kid in class. I never realy got along with all off the kids so.... no one liked me." I said with a sad expression on my face.
"WHAT!!NO ONE LIKED YOU!How and why, you are such a nice person y/n. That is so stupid." He said very mad at what i said and stoped what he was doing. "No I'm not. Your just saying that to make me feel better." I said. He frowned. "Well we should probably get to our work room before we're late". I said while grabbing my small bag and walking out of the room. He didn't notice that i left for a sec and said "wait for me"!
I paced to the elevator and got in and brett quickly got in befor the doors closed. It was Quiet...... "so do you have any sibblings brett"? "I do but they never realy talked to me or even liked me so i didn't know a lot about them. Do you have any siblings"? "Um i do actually. I have one big sister and two little brothers. My brothers were goofballs and me and my sister were very close. I miss them so much because i moved here which is very far away from my childhood home".

The elevator stoped and opened. I walked in and then brett went in front of me and showed me the way to the war/battle room. I walked in and saw a girl that looked lile she was in her 30 and was working on something on her desk and she had really bad eye bags. Then i saw a man that looked high a shit sitting at a triange table with a mushroom looking thing next to him. Then i saw a black lady on her phone sitting at the table and a dolphin man that was on his phone too.

"Hello everyone! We have a new worker working with us! Her name is y/n". I started to sweat a little because everyone looked at me and stopped what they were doing. The girl with bad eye bags came up to me and and opened one of my eyes wide and put a flashlight in it to check for something. "Ok she's not a robot. Nice to meet you I'm Reagan and this is andrye(sry i forgot how to spell his name), this is myc, gigi, glenn and ofcourse brett that you probably met already. Welcome to the team". She sat back down in her chair and started back up on what she was working on.
I walked in and gigi greeted me. "Hi nice to mett you. I think that you would make a great part on the team". She said with a smile and went back on her phone. Other people greeted me and after that i went back to brett that was leaning in his chair on his phone and he jumped because i scared him. "AHHHH"!! He fell back on the floor. "I am so sorry, i did not mean to scare you but i just dont know what to do. Do we get assignments often"? I said while helping him up. "Nope you can just relax till we get one so just sit down and relax you seem very tence, here"! He grabed a chair and puled it next to him." Sit down and just go on you phone or something or if you want hang out we can". He said with a smile.

Bretts pov
---------------

I just asked her i she wants to hang out! That sounds si dumb. I need to get better at my flirting skills. I still kept a smile on and she said yes! "Ok we can hang out, im in the mood anyway". She said while she grabed my hand just like i did this morning and draged me out of the room and asked me if there was a game room.
"Yes! we have one just down this hall".

---------------------------------
I hoped you liked this chapter and sry that it took so long to post i will try to finish them as quickly as possible.
And sry if i made any mistakes just dont mind them i get lazy and don't want to take my time and go back and correct them. Have a nice day bye
---------------------------

1219 words 😁