starting line, one more time

author's notes: this is the other fic i finished for the #diyueloveplaylist project, the link for which you can find on my profile page

author's notes:
this is the other fic i finished for the #diyueloveplaylist project, the link for which you can find on my profile page. (please check it out if you havent already! mine is the one titled "say you do" but im sure y'all know that already 😘)
as per the project guidelines, the fic has to be related or inspired by a song and the song i have chosen for this fic is " to you" by seventeen. it's my favourite song from their latest release "attacca" (if youve read "say you do" you have probably noticed that the song for that fic is also from this release. what can i say, it's a great mini album, pls do check it out when you have a chance!) 

anyway, enough of me rambling. happy reading! hope you like this one!

-----------------------------------------------------

'' my steps are still far away
only the rough wind lingers near me
so i always need you
for me, who is out of breath, you're the only one"

.
.
.
.

" we're here."

the voice of his manager, hao ge, stirred dylan awake. slowly he opened one eyes and squinted out the window. 

voice still hoarse from sleep he softly exclaimed, "oh. wow. i thought we'd never get here."

hao ge snorted, "you're the one who wanted to drive here. it would be healing, you say. we'd take turns driving, you say. it'd be such a scenic drive we wouldnt even feel the hours pass, you say. well, guess who was asleep for the last 6 hours and let me fend for myself on the wheel?"

dylan whipped his head towards Hao ge in surprise, "i was asleep for that long? It sure didnt feel like it...", he trailed off as he moved his neck around, producing cracking sounds as he did. but at the look on his manager's face he quickly added, "sorry i feel asleep, ge. and the drive did take longer than i had thought but wasn't it fun and healing?"

hao ge spat out a few curse words of choice in response and dylan guffawed at the rare experience. normally his manager is such a gentle teddy bear. for him to be in such a state, the guy must be VERY tired. dylan made a mental note to send a substantial new year's gift to make it up to him.

still laughing, dylan opened the car door and placed one foot down on the gravel. he then leaned half his torso out and tilted his head up towards the sky. he took a big inhale. the late afternoon sun felt good on his face. and the crisp cool air of late autumn/ pre-winter season feels refreshing. he nooded to himself. coming here was a good idea.
.
.
.

frankly, dylan never expected to find himself back here, in arxan. but when he finally got some time off and hao ge asked if he had anywhere he wanted to go, this place suddenly popped in his mind. and before he could think it over, he found himself blurting the word out. unsurprisingly, it was met with a perplexed look from his manager.