18

PRESENT DAY

AURORA

"You're asking me to take control of a Celestial" He looks around at the team, arms crossed in front of him. "I do not have that kind of power."

I sit on one of the benches near the front, one knee up against my chest, my chin leaning on it.

"What if we use my energy?" I speak up, an idea springing to my head. "We can find a way to transfer my energy to you and amplify your powers"

Sersi sits straight, turning around to look at me.

"Aurora, that could work"

Druig purses his lips, head tilting to the side.

"We'll need some sort of technology to be able to do that." He points out.

"Phastos" Sersi calls out, nodding to her words.

Druig shakes his head, leaning back on the table.

"Good luck with that. He gave up on humans a long time ago"

"He did, but maybe I can talk to him. I've kept contact over the years" I offer, looking at all of them.

"We can go and ask him. I'm sure he won't say no" Sersi offers from beside me, nodding.

I smile at her, really liking the plan we're forming.

"Well, then that's the plan" I stand up slowly, still recovering from my wounds. Kingo helps me to the car while Druig takes care of some final orders for the village, and I give him a grateful glance.

Sometimes Kingo could be nice.

When he wasn't being a pain in the ass.

My injuries made me miss Ajak. In times like these, she'd wave a hand over me and heal me completely. We might have been immortal if not injured, but we still felt and healed like any other human.

When Druig has finished giving his orders to the people of the village, he steps into the car next to me, offering a reassuring smile.

"You sure you'll be able to convince him?" he asks as we start to pull away from the village.

I roll my eyes, looking out the window and taking in the Amazon once again.

"It's Phastos. I give him an hour max before he caves"

His laugh is enough to warm my heart.

Just like that, another piece I didn't know I'd been missing clicked into place.

We still hadn't talked about what was going to happen from here, but I wasn't in a rush. Right now my priority was to save the world. To figure out a way to survive.

And to hate Sprite.

I still hadn't spoken to her about what she'd done, but I wasn't speaking to her like we were normal, either. I'd decided that I would wait until everything was fine to speak to her–that is if I could hold off.

Until then, I would just resort to acting like she wasn't there. I had to admit, I was getting awfully good at ignoring her.

I was certain I would be able to hold off until later.

Druig, on the other hand, was a different story.

I could tell he hated her guts. It had taken me some convincing for him not to say anything to her; to let me, but I knew that if she did something or said something he was sure to go off.