A confession

A loud rung from the bell could be heard from the church, The Young priest looked at the clock 11:00 pm on a Sunday. The priest muttered his last prayer and stood up.

“Father do you want me to help you clean?” An altar boy asked, he was one of the church’s nicest servers . “no thank you. You may go now” Simon declined softly, “you did great today.. I’m proud of you” Simon smiles as he  continues to praise him. The boy did a lot, like a lot in the church. He was the one to get the candles, help set up the altar. It was honestly very nice of the boy. Speaking of the boy, he felt his cheeks burn in a light pink color. “T-thank you father! I’ll be on my way, goodbye!”

That boy’s name happens to Harry. Though he and Simon were friends outside of church, Simon still insisted of formal using of names. He’s always been by Simon side since Simon became the replacement priest of the church. The old priest died and Harry was glad of it. He saw the way that nasty old bastard of a priest stare at Simon. Before, he and Simon were servers of the altar. Then Simon graduated from seminary school (since Simon is two years older than Harry, he graduated first) and this specific church where Harry servers happens to be needing a new priest.

And two years later, Harry develops love for Simon. He at first always thought it was more of a brotherly love but he soon realize that this feeling was not brotherly. I mean if you count I want my older brother beneath me brotherly, but it was fine. It was going to past. Hopefully.

As the wooden doors of the church closed, Simon walked towards the altar, with a slight wet rag in hand. Simon decided to not turn off the lights yet. He stares down at the beautiful marble altar, his slender fingers touching the flat surface. It was beautiful. He then takes the rag and wipe the marble altar clean. It was breath taking. Simon closes his eyes, he like being alone to clean the church, he feels at home in church. Where God is, the mighty God shall protect him against the wicked cruel people who take advantage of the weak. Those evil, selfish people who claim to be a man of god but is probably the devil’s second man.

Simon was too caught up in his own thoughts to notice someone enter the confession room. His brown and blue eyes slowly open as he hears the confession room doors close. It wasn’t  uncommon for confessors to come and confess their sins and they’d rather confess it when their alone. He walked towards the confession room and by alone I mean with no other people in church just the confessor and the priest. He’s never get them, those who confess after the closing of the church are usually people with power. It's probably because guilt and shame swallow them and they couldn’t take it anymore. And his suspicions were always correct. They confess pretty heavy stuff but you didn’t hear it from him.

Then suddenly he stopped, there was  something eerie about the person inside the confession room.

As soon as the priest stopped walking towards the confession room, the man inside smiled. He’s waited for this opportunity for days- no weeks. The timing was perfect, no dumb altar boy getting in his way, no damn people tryna confess after church is closed. It was perfect.

He had been stalking this priest for 4 weeks now. He’d always been there before the church open and after it closes. He couldn’t help but smile, he was going to confront this sinner, a dirty sinner who pretends to flawless and faultless. The man waited inside, his mind filled with indecent thoughts.

Simon took  deep breaths and continued walking even though his gut was shouting no. The feeling was unpleasant he hated it, he wanted to vomit. But there was no reason for him to be nervous right? I mean why would he be nervous? He was inside the house of the Lord, where all good and holy lies.

For what finally felt like an eternity, the young priest is finally inside the room. The tension was thick. He was nervous speaking with this person but he didn’t know why. But know that he finally got to see who this person was, even though the brown wood net that covered him and the confessor, he was sure those were black horns coming out of either side of the man’s dreadlocks that were tied back, he had snow white teeth, beautiful black skin and a black bandana that go over his forehead. This man was not human or maybe that is just his style. Either way, he still sat in that room for a few minutes before the man finally spoke.