revelations

Santana POV 

I still think about what Brittany wanted to talk about, it plays over and over in my head. She had asked me to come over specifically to talk but she never ended up saying a word about anything serious. Maybe I was just overthinking things. But was there a chance I wasn't? 

To Britt <3 Hey Britt its me San you remember how you said you wanted to talk to me about something, what exactly was it? 

My head was reeling, why was something so simple as just asking a question getting me so flustered. I was scared for the response, I was scared of everything to do with her, and I still don't know why. 

From Britt <3 oh yeah it doesn't matter anymore I just wanted to see you again because I missed you so much :) 

I looked at her message on my phone reading it over and over again,  my chest warmed. Well once again I was overthinking things. I slid down back into my blanket and slowly felt my eyes fall closed. 

She was looking at me, so intently, almost as if she was peering right through me. It made me flush, I couldn't keep the contact I had to look away. Her hand suddenly met my cheek, caressing it back and forth softly, then tracing down to my jaw. Her eyes now moved to my lips. I was stuck, but I liked it. I felt myself leaning into her touch just to feel more, holding onto it so she could never stop touching me like that. I felt myself tracing over every feature of her face so close to mine. Her fingers reached my lips, thumb brushing over causing my breath to hitch- "Santana... Santana! Psssttt SANTANA WAKE UP!" I shot up wide eyed facing my mother who was looking at me like I was crazy. 

"Must've been a good dream." She said walking off smiling. 

Oh no OH no oh no this is bad this is very bad, why was I dreaming of my best friend like that? It felt so intimate, so real. If only it was real. 

---------------------- 

Brittany POV 

"Want to walk home together after school today?" I asked Santana. She kept averting her eyes away from mine today. Did I do something wrong? God I hope not. I grabbed her chin and made her look at me for the first time today. "hey is something wrong?" I said. 

"Mmh what? oh no nothings wrong don't worry Britt." She replied giving me a genuine smile, staring for lot longer than usual, until her cheeks went a shade of pink and she turned away from me again. "and yeah that walk sounds good, ill see you after school then." 

Santana POV 

No matter what I did I could not get rid of the thought of Brittany touching me like that, the way I had seen in my dream. It was an intoxicating feeling and it was rattling me. Why did it feel so good? do I want that, do I want her to touch me like that, to look at me like that, to want me like that? No I can't, I can't have that with her. For starters she's a girl and secondly she's my best friend she would never want me in the same way. But I feel so safe with her, what if there was a chance she felt the same, a chance she wanted to have me in that way. 

She was speaking to me asking me about a walk or something but all I could focus on was how her delicate fingers traced my skin and it felt like each cell underneath her touch burned. When I focused on her lips all I could think is how much I want to feel them pressed against mine. 

----------- 

"Hi San how was your day?" Brittany asked as she held my pinky in hers. 

"Was okay I missed you though." I said quietly. 

"Awh, me too." She said putting her arm around me fully as we walked out of the school. I froze up at the touch, remembering where her very hands were in my dream. She gazed over at me and softly smiled and I felt myself melt into her touch, could this really be so bad? 

"Oh my god did you feel that?" She said with a startled expression. 

"No what?" I looked at her puzzled. 

"Shit it's gonna rain, run!" She said giggling while dragging my arm along with her. We started sprinting as fast as we could to escape the rain hand in hand, but it wasn't fast enough and the rain started pouring down. My house was only two blocks away by now however we were fully drenched.

"Well that was fun." She said laughing letting go of my hand as we reached my doorway undercover. I felt an emptiness at the lack of contact. 

"Hmm something like that." I smiled. 

"Well um, I guess I should let you go inside now, see you tomorrow." As she started walking back out into the rain a sudden rush of confidence grew over me and I reached out and grabbed her hand, interlocking my fingers fully with hers. 

"No... stay." I said. She looked me in my eyes, almost as if she was shocked I had asked her to stay, despite the fact that we always stay over. Maybe this time felt different for her as it did for me. I can only hope.