Little but brave (Little Cato x seme!male Reader) part 1

Requested by: @monkeyseemonkeydo04

(This story takes place near the end of Season 2, so spoilers will be in this story if you haven't made it this far yet.)
You're going to be 16 in this story since Little Cato is 14

2nd POV

You looked outside through the window on the Crimson Light and looked at the endless void of space as you got lost in your thoughts. You were thinking about how you met everyone here on this ship and how much pain and struggles everyone went through and overcame.

You remembered when you first got here when you were held captive on the Galaxy One with Gary. Even though you both were prisoners on the same ship, you didn't really try to talk to him much and you were worried that your age gap would make things weird. Gary was a very lonely person who was on the ship for five years, while you were only there for one year for committing crimes against the Infinity Guard. You were arrested at the age of 15 but at the time, the Infinity Guard became so corrupt that they threw you into the Galaxy One with Gary without a second thought.

You were with Gary as he met Avocato and eventually you all became friends with him after promising to save his son, Little Cato. You were there as Avocato saved his son from the lord commander and sacrificed himself to save the whole crew from the bomb that was attached to Little Cato's back.

You'll never forget the look Avocato gave you as he gave you and Gary one last request before he died.. "Take care of my boy", before he used his body as a shield and saved everyone.

Little Cato was so devastated but, eventually, Gary was able to bond with him with vengeance after the lord commander, and after Little Cato learned that Gary's dad died too.

You felt somewhat jealous as you saw Gary getting closer with Little Cato, but it was something that was out of your reach. You were with them as they got the anti-matter bomb and nearly died. You held the bomb and returned it to the ship with Little Cato as Gary and Mooncake went to save Quinn.

You always put your crew's life before your own's, even though you had a lot more to live for.

You were there with Little Cato when he tried to assassinate the Lord Commander. You assisted him but then you saw the Galaxy One about to crash into you guys. You tried to save Little Cato by throwing him out of the way, but, in the end, it didn't help as you both were launched into space. You both immediately put on your helmets, stranded all alone with eachother.

You looked at Little Cato with a saddened expression but still tried your best to muster up a smile for him, whispering the words "We'll be okay..". Little Cato had tears in his eyes, thinking this was the end for the both of you. All you could do was gently hold his hand and pull him into a hug, reassuring him hopelessly as you both drifted along in space.

As you both drifted, you both started to talk about the future, making small light of the situation and having one last good time.
"Y/n..?"
You looked at Little Cato and responded with "Yeah?".
Little Cato looked down and simply asked, "Do you think.. we could live after all of this..?".
You smiled slightly and responded with a quiet, "Maybe.. I really hope we do..".
Little Cato showed a small smile and hugged you even tighter. "Good.. Because I need to tell you something if we survive..".

You held onto him as both of your oxygen tanks depleted and you both floated along space, together.

You thought everything was over but then you started to open your eyes, realizing you lived. You immediately got up and saw Little Cato next to you.

You bent over and shook Little Cato frantically with tears in your eyes. "Little Cato..! Little Cato..!!". You were so happy you both survived and Little Cato started to wake up, opening his eyes and looking at you. "Am I.. dead?" He asked, genuinely confused. You chuckled, "No! We survived Little Cato!", then you hugged him. He started to laugh and hugged you back tightly.