Happy Birthday

Kate’s PoV

Kate’s PoV

I’m in the car on my way to work. It’s my birthday, but I don’t think that anyone in my team know. That makes me kinda sad. Also, the fact that my sister can’t visit me today. Or this week. She has to work. Her boss didn’t even give her one day off. But she called and she told me that she wants to celebrate my birthday this weekend with me. I drive into my parking lot. Hopefully we don’t get a difficult case. Then I can go home normal and watch my favorite movie. I enter the building. No Agent is in the lobby. That’s a bit strange, but then I look at my watch. It’s 7:05 Am. Way too early. But we have a case and I need to get my stuff. I walk into the squad room, grab my gear and walk to the parking garage. Thank god Ducky hasn’t driven off till now. “Ducky, I’m a bit late. Can I drive with you to the crime scene?”, I ask. “Sure, Caitlin. Get in”, says Ducky and I get in.

At the crime scene, Gibbs comes to me. “Where were you, Kate?”, he asks angry. “Sorry, Gibbs. But I had to get dressed after your call”, I answer. “Why weren’t you already dressed?”, asks Gibbs. “I took a shower. That’s what normal people do in the morning”, I answer. Shit! I lied to him. Well, then he shouldn’t call at 6:30 am in the morning. At my birthday! He can be glad that Rachel called me earlier and that we have finished our phone call. Tony and McGee are already working on the crime scene. Well, they were. Now they’re looking at Gibbs and me. “DiNozzo, McGee! Get back to work!”, yells Gibbs and they continue their work. “Kate, you’re helping Ducky!”, orders Gibbs. I nod and walk over to him while Gibbs walks to Tony and McGee. They whisper something, but I don’t know about what.

Back in the squad room I'll check the background of our victim when suddenly Gibbs yells my name. “Yes, Gibbs?”, I ask. What does he want from me now? “Can you question the sister of our victim? She is in the conference room”, Gibbs says. “Alone?”, I ask. “Of course, alone”, says Gibbs. I stand up and walk to the conference room.

Gibbs PoV

After Kate left, I turn to Tony and Tim. “DiNozzo, call Ducky! He has to come to the squad room ASAP! And he has to bring Dr. Palmer!”, I say. Tony nods and calls Ducky. “McGee, call Abby! She also has to come to the squad room ASAP!”, I order. Tim nods and calls Abby. 2 Minutes later Abby, Ducky and Dr. Palmer are coming into the squad room. “Guys, todays is Kate’s birthday. Let's decorate her desk for her before she comes back from the conference room!”, I say and get some decoration from one drawer. Abby, Tim, Tony, Ducky and Dr. Palmer decorate Kate’s desk while I go to the bakery to get a birthday cake for Kate. When I get back, the whole squad room is decorated. I place the cake on Kate’s desk. “This looks amazing. Now hide until Kate comes back”, I say and hide under my desk.

Kate’s PoV

After I talked to the sister, well, after she stopped crying. This took like forever, but now I'm done. I know if I would take the stairs, I would be much faster. But I want to take the elevator. I don't care what Gibbs will say. The elevator arrives on the 1st floor and I get out. The squad room looks different. So decorated. I walk to my desk. Now I'm pretty sure that I'm still sleeping. I arrive at my desk. Suddenly Gibbs, Tony, McGee, Ducky, Palmer and Abby jump out of nowhere. “HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KATE!” I’m speechless. They didn’t forget it! I look at my desk and see a birthday cake on it. This is the best birthday EVER! I just smile from one ear to the other.