Just an Assistant to You

"What's next, Gulf?"

He asked me as soon as we seated in the back of the car with Mr. Lake as the chauffeur. I opened up my working iPad and look for his next schedule and for the rest of the day. "After your lunch break you'll have a meeting with Mr. Hans, after that you'll have a contract signing with Mr. Oakwood. Then, you have a short break before going on the business trip to Saudi. Should I follow you to there?" I asked as I close the pad.

"No. Instead, I want you to take care of Chopper."

That dog? Ugh. That dog hates me. He keeps biting me whenever I tried to approach him. And whenever he drop Chopped off in my apartment, that dog would always try to wreck my house even if he's small to do so. I admit he's cute, that fluffball is really, emphasize on really, cute. I would have adopt a same kind if I was a dog person.

Well, I'm a cat person. Maybe that's why?

"You do know that fluffball hates me." I replied. Thank god I'm a bit close to my boss. "He's like that to stranger. Don't worry." He said, looking at his dog picture. Did he really miss that dog so much? And stranger?! I took care of that dog for almost two years now and I'm still a stranger? What makes that dog hates me so much?

"Just so you know I have take care of Chopper for almost two years now. And I'm still a stranger? What? Do I have to marry your sister to be your family?" As I said that, he immediately stop looking at his dog picture and look straight into my eyes. I blinked twice, he still didn't move away his gaze.

Oh no.

I could feel my heart beating fast.

No.

Mew Forest is just my boss...

Who I have feelings for.

"I never know you had feelings for my sister but too bad, she's already married." Finally, he moved away, giving me time to breathe. "Just take care of Chopper. I will give you more money than your minimum wage." He said. He really wants to piss me. And he succeed. "Money is not the problem. The problem is you keep invading my life with Chopper running around in my house. I want to find a girlfriend too in my day-off not taking care of my boss's dog. You do know that out there, there is someone working as dog-sitter, right? I'm just your assistant." I said. Well, the girlfriend part is a lie. I couldn't find any girlfriend or boyfriend if I'm working under such high reputation company.

But everything other than that, I'm stating my truth.

"Maybe having Chopper around is good then. You won't get distracted texting your lover while working." He said, not even looking at my face when talking. It felt like he's not taking me seriously. "Having lover is not my main concern, Mew. I wanted some breaks too." yes, I can call him by name. But I would usually call him that in times like this, desperate and serious. And when I do call him by his name he would at least, give me what I needed.

"I can't bring Chopper abroad, can I? So I need your help."

Now he's using my weakness. His sad eyes. Does he know that I'm very weak to everything he do? I hate him. "I will give you a day off. I won't disturb you that day. Just take care of my dog for tonight until I return from Saudi." I could hear the desperation, but why I could feel like he's sad saying it?

do this jerk don't want me to have a break?!

"Fine. I still get paid right?"

"I thought you said you don't care about money?"

This jerk. "the question is you want me to take care of chop chop or no?" I asked him. "You whine that you don't want to take care of him but you called him with a cute name." He teased as he laughed at me. "Not funny. I want to have my private life back." I said. "what would you do then? If you got a day off." He said.