THOMA ● childhood crush

/ heyyy, so im back from the dead :D this is a bit of a mess, so please forgive me, it was rushed since i wanted to get smth out </3 but i hope you all had a great christmas!!

"thoma, could you maybe do one more sweep everywhere to make sure everything is perfect? i have a friend arriving soon" ayaka spoke as she walked over to the male who seemed very absorbed with cleaning the shelf infront of him.
"ah, of course! though, if you don't mind me asking, who's coming?" thoma asked as he turned and looked to the shorter female.
"[y/n], you remember him right?"

✎ᝰ

"[y/n]! come here! meet our new maid!" ayaka exclaimed excitedly.
"ayaka he is not a maid--"
"he is!"
a small [h/c] male ran over to his best friend, coming into view of the new housekeeper, a young thoma. without even giving thoma a second to look at him, the young boy held out his hand for thoma to shake,
"i'm [y/n]! i'm ayato and ayaka's best friend! i am now your best friend too!" the energetic boy exclaimed with a grin.

thoma was a little startled by the sudden statement from the other, glancing to ayaka for help and then ayato, but the two just laughed at their friends actions.

✎ᝰ

"come onnn thomaaaa" you whined as you hung upside down from a tree, watching as thoma watered the plants. both of you where now in your mid teen years, but hadn't changed much. accept from the fact you had both grown extremely close.
"[y/n], i can't i have work-"
"ok? and? most people our age our out having fun, y'know, exploring inazuma?" i spoke as i jumped down from the tree as thoma's eyes widened and he quickly went to catch me. however, i landed perfectly on my feet.

"well you are perfectly capable and obliged to go and do that with ayaka" thoma explained, crouching down to check a seemingly withering plant.
"well i don't want to go with ayaka. i want to go with you, thoma"

✎ᝰ

"..[y/n]? he's- coming here?" thoma breathed out, looking at ayaka in a state of disbelief, "but- we haven't seen [y/n] since the start of the vision hunt decree! he went to fight with the resistance!" thoma exclaimed.
"he did" ayaka confirmed with a nod, "but, a friend of mine there has been keeping me updated on him, and now, since the vision hunt decree has been abolished, all the troops are going home-"

as ayaka spoke, thoma's eyes lit up a little, "he's.. coming home?" he questioned, to which ayaka nodded with a small smile of her own. thoma had tears brimming his eyes now. he never thought he'd see his childhood crush ever again, or even hear from him. since troops for the resistance had to be very careful with who they came in contact with, they couldn't send any letters.

ayaka laughed softly at thoma's state, "he'll be here any minute now actually, though i've been told he looks a little different to how we may-" ayaka didn't even get to finish as thoma ran outside, hearing soldiers outside greeting someone at the front entrance.

it was him, the boy who thoma had been head over heels for ever since they first met. though, he looked more.. tough? he had a long scar on his face and he looked a little bit stronger, plus, his claymore had seen better days.

after walking through the front entrance of my old home, i smiled softly to myself. everything looked the same, thoma had kept it as clean as it had been when i first left. i tensed a little at the sound of a door slamming open, immediately looking over before my breath caught in my throat as i saw thoma. he looked almost exactly the same as he had when i left to join the resistance. it seemed as if nothing had changed.

without a word, we both ran and embraced eachover tightly, just taking a few minutes to enjoy the warmth from one another which we had missed so much.
as we hugged, i felt my shoulder begin to become wet with tears. thoma was crying?
pulling away from the hug a little, i cupped thoma's face in my hands, tilting my head slightly to the side,
"well, i didn't think you'd be this upset to see me again" i spoke in a playful manner, despite the fact tears where brimming my own eyes too.

"i-i didn't think i would ever see you again" thoma spoke softly with a small sniffle before running his finger gently along the scar on my face, which ran all along my cheek and up to my ear, "what happened? who did that?" he asked, seeming a little more serious.
"ahh, don't worry about it. just kujou sara deciding to fire an arrow at me and me barely dodging it" i spoke with a small shake of my head.

"are you hurt anywhere else? i know you shouldn't of gone i-"
"thoma, its alright. i'm fine. i'm not leaving again. i promise, so calm down" i spoke softly with a small smile. thoma took a moment, just looking at me, before i could say anything else though, i felt a pair of lips on my own. i kissed back, obviously, but was still startled by how sudden it was.

after a minute or two, thoma pulled away, his cheeks coated red, "please never leave me again?"
"i won't. i promise"

WORD COUNT; 937