Chapter 19

"Is this what you guys do all the time? Bring girls home and play poker?" I laughed at the similarities of my first day and her first day here.

"Hey I'm Ashley Jennings but call me Aj." She stood up and was taller than me. She stuck out her hand and I shook it.

"I like her," I said to the gang, "I like you, welcome to the family!" She laughed and I sat down next to her and joined the game. She looked so familiar...I've seen her plenty of times before...

"BUCKS!" I exclaimed aloud, "That's where I know you! I work at Bucks and see you there all the time with-" I paused and then more excitement flushed my face. "YOU GUYS ARE? AAAAAH! NO WAY!!! YESSSHFKSKDKSLSNAHHHH!"

Dallas and Aj looked at each other and smirked. I caught them, "OH MAH GAWD! I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!" Everybody looked at me with confusion. I calmed down and explained to them, "They're dating!"

Aj and Dallas laughed followed by my laughs. "Oh yeah I'm Elle."

"I haven't heard anything about you..." Aj's words dripping in sarcasm. She was glancing at Dallas.

"I'm guessing he won't keep his mouth shut." I laughed at her sarcastic comment. I could tell we were gonna be good friends.

After the poker game was done Aj and I went into Pony's room to talk privately about everything.

She told me about how she lives in this abandoned apartment and how her parents weren't really there for her. Just like my parents.

She talked about Dallas and how he's a sweetheart to her. They've just started dating but I can tell she's the one for him. She has a longer police record than Dally, has been in jail for half of her life, and used to be in the WWE. And I thought I was like Dally! This girl beat me by a mile!

She's 18 just like Dallas and has wavy brown hair that goes just below her chest. She's as tall as Dallas and dresses like him, too.

She needed a job so I offered the DX and Bucks. Since Soda's gone I have to help Steve with the cars (which, thanks to Soda, I know how to do) leaving the cash register empty. Plus since I only work three days a week she could work the days I'm not working. And she'll be with you know who smirk smirk.

We went back out and I started cooking dinner. Aj helped since we were feeding the whole gang. We made the usual chicken, potatoes, and gravy. But to top it off, we made a double layer chocolate cake!

We ate dinner and everybody loved it. Even Pony ate more than he usually does. I was washing the dishes while Aj was drying and putting them away.

I looked over at her and saw Dallas wrapping his arms around her waist. Then I felt another pair of arms around my waist followed by a kiss on the cheek that made me smile ear to ear.

Johnny turned me around and grabbed my arms pulling me closer to him smiling. He suddenly changed a smile to a confused expression when he looked down at my arms.

I pulled them away quickly and turned around to continue washing dishes. "E-Elle?" He croaked tears slipping from his eyes.

I just shook my head and went to the washroom and locked the door behind me. I started silently bawling and whispering to myself, "Soda? Soda please help... Soda..." But there was nothing he could do to make the situation go away. He saw my scars.

"Elle, sweetie, open up." Aj's voice called from behind the locked door. She's a girl, she'll understand me. So I let her, in nobody else. We sat on the toilet and she wrapped her arms around me and started crying, too.

"Shhh.. It's okay. I get it..." Aj whispered to me.

"It w-was because of p-people that b-bullied me in my old school." Those people were horrible. The girls were so mean and the boys were so rude. I didn't belong in California. Nobody wanted me. My family, people at school, the neighbourhood. Here, I belong. Here, I'm wanted. But I don't think they'll like me anymore because I cut myself before.

"D-do you think t-they'll hate me because of t-this?" I asked honestly afraid of going back outside.

"No, baby. We're all here for you. I'm here for you."