3.28 (after the snap, moving on)

SPENCER WAS, YET AGAIN, SET AT A CROSSROADS OF BAD HABITS AND UNFORGETTABLE THOUGHTS. Not even a week had passed since Katharine's funeral and here he was again, seeking the company of bad people and others like him. Addicts and unfortunate souls were amongst the mixed bunch, to name a few.

     He barely left the house nowadays as well. Due to the fact that half of the Earth's population had up and disappeared into the air, there were significantly fewer crimes for them to solve, fewer murderers for them to be catching. Half of the FBI had also disappeared, though the BAU had thankfully stayed intact. Not that Spencer saw any of them really. They were all dealing with their own issues, dealing with their own griefs.

     Losing Katharine made it hard to live in the home that they lived in together. He didn't bother packing her things away. This wasn't his house, after all.

     Well, it was his house now. Everything material that Katharine had once owned went to him. He was, after all, the one person that was the least likely to die out of all their friends she had once said. Leaving things to any of her friends from SHIELD was too risky and it wasn't like she was really any closer to the members of the BAU. The only other person she could have left everything to was Morgan though Spencer doubted Katharine really wanted to.

     As much as she loved her cousin, their sibling-like rivalry ran too deep for her to give up her things to him.

     So that really did just leave Spencer. They hadn't been married long, or so that's what it felt like. Time flew by him when Katharine was around, she had a knack for making even the grimmest of moments into ones that could be fun. After hard cases, going to the bar with the team just didn't seem right. There was no one there to lift their spirits in the way that Katharine always could.

     Spencer sighed, the mug that was once full of hot tea was now empty. The leaves had settled into the bottom of the cup and there was no more warmth to be shared. Now, the porcelain was empty and cold, reflecting how Spencer felt sitting on the porch swing that Katharine had insisted they installed shortly after he had moved in with her.

     The blanket draped across his lap was one she had called her favorite. It was the blanket under which they first confessed feelings for one another and it still smelled like her. It still reminded him of her.

     He could remember every moment they shared together all too well. Getting over her, moving on from her, would be too hard. It would be too difficult. 

     He didn't want to but he knew he had to. But at least for now, he could pretend that they got their happy ever after. Spencer could pretend that Katharine was right there, right next to him, laughing at some dumb joke he made. He would give just about anything to have her back.