Chapter 1

“So this is where Chastity went... So many puppets for me to mess around with here..." a teenage boy whispered to himself. He stood atop a cliff as he watched the people - his puppets - in the town busying themselves with their daily life. A grin spread wide across his face as he realized there was something else stood in wait for him. "Hah! That bitch, thought I would never be able to find her, did she?"

            “Master, Faith has been calling you non-stop since we arrived here. I believe it is something urgent..." a man with spiky scarlet hair knelt behind the teenager as he spoke to him with absolute respect and honor. 

                The teenager reached into his black trench coat's pocket and fished out a round mirror. He tossed it backwards to his servant who was still kneeling faithfully behind him. He catched it before the mirror hit the ground. It emitted an eerie and creepy music, the man looked at the mirror before looking up at his master.         

              "I'll leave whatever mission or order that has been passed down to me for you and the other three to deal with. If Faith insists that I be the one who completes it, tell her this: 'My master has found the girl who scarred his heart'."

            “Sister Marie, I’m bac- JASON!” a girl with wavy brown hair shouted, almost tripping over a bag that had been thrown in front of the door. The church’s sister appeared behind her, holding a basket of washed clothes. She bent down slightly and picked up Jason’s bag.

            “Welcome back, Kaylyn,” she said, presenting Kaylyn with a warm smile. She handed the bag to her and she accepted it reluctantly. “Thank you, Kay. You know Jason, he’s a bothersome teenager.”

            Kaylyn carried her own and Jason’s bag to a building behind the church. It was built along with the church to accommodate orphans. She opened the door to the building, revealing a corridor that led to numerous doors. She opened the first door on the right and threw Jason’s bag onto the bed. She then entered the opposite door that led to her own room.

            Every room looked the same; two beds, a desk and a wooden dresser, except Kaylyn’s and Jason’s room had only one bed. Kaylyn dropped her bag beside the desk. A photo album was on her table. Sister Marie had been looking at the photos again. Kaylyn opened the album to see the first photo – a photo of when she was still a baby and Sister Marie that had been taken 17 years ago.

          “Kay! Can you go and find that troublesome child for me? He was supposed to help me fix the chairs today!” Sister Marie shouted from outside the building. Kaylyn responded immediately and ran out of the building. There was only one place where Jason would be, and it was the park outside their university.

            A teenager was seen sleeping under a tree in the park. He had blonde hair, blue eyes and a handsome face. But his attitude did not live up to his face. Kaylyn tapped his shoulder lightly, but he shoved her hand away and continued his afternoon nap. Living with a person with 17 years is enough to let you know what the person is afraid of. Kaylyn gently stroked his neck with her long fingernail. He caught her hand almost immediately before she could tickle him any further.

            “What is it now?” he asked with an annoyed voice.

            “Sister Marie said you promised to help her fix the broken chairs. So she asked me to come find you. You’re already 19 and you’re still slacking off. I really wonder how you actually got a scholarship and entered college.”

            “It’s none of your business. Stop being such a busybody,” he said, finally standing up. He stretched his hands up towards the sky as he inhaled the fresh air deeply. His eyes suddenly stopped on two men who looked unfamiliar. Kaylyn turned towards the direction he was staring at, noticing the two men as well. “Kay, do you know who those two men are?”