Chapter 7

The Next Day I decided it was my time to leave. It has been great here with everyone, but I wanted to give some space to Druig while he was mourning the loss of his friend. I packed my bag quietly in the night and sneaked out of the door. The only person I told that I was leaving was Kingo, who was standing next to the car when I walked outside. He hugged me and said, "Can't believe you are leaving; I am going to miss you!" I smile at him and say, "Going to miss you too; you were the only friend I had here." He laughs, and he rolls his eyes. "You are the first friend that I have ever had before." I get in the car, and he shuts the door gently. "Text me on that device (he points to my phone) when you reach your home," I laugh softly to myself as the car drives off; Kingo doesn't know what a phone is! He has been alive for so many years but doesn't know what an iPhone is. That thought is what kept me happy as the driver drove me to the nearest airport. I quickly thanked the driver, and I went to my shuttle and waited for the airplane to take me home. I missed everyone but especially Druig, who I didn't even tell that I was leaving! But I knew that this was the best thing, and I needed to get my family to safety from this threat coming to earth in 3 days. I really couldn't tell them that deviants were coming and killing everyone, but I could say to them that we needed to go now! I tried to relax as I boarded the plane, and I shut my eyes as the plane took off.

I opened my eyes slowly; my head was killing me! I looked around and saw most people were sleeping as this flight was a red-eye. I tried to close my eyes again, but I started to hear this whisper in my head, I looked around again, but nobody spoke to me. We never figured out why Druig's powers never worked on me or why I heard his voice in my head. So I just relaxed and let the whisper take over my body. It was a quiet but distant voice saying, "I needed you" I needed you" Pain washed over me, and my body went into literal shock! I tried to keep quiet as a man was sleeping next to me. The voice kept getting louder in my head, and the pain that I was feeling was unbearable! So I took some deep breaths and tried to push the whisper out of my head; the whisper spoke again, "I needed you to be here with me, Em" My heart dropped as I knew it was Druig, but how did he know he was speaking to me? A tear ran down my face as I whispered, "I needed to go because it was the right thing to do!" The Pain instantly vanished from my body, and I felt relief run through my body. My heart was breaking as the plane started to land in London as I knew leaving was the right thing to do but was it?

I arrived in London, and my parents were waiting for me at the gate. I texted them that my school trip had ended quickly and I needed someone to grab me. They both came because they did everything together, they hugged me tightly, and I needed that. I missed them so much and kind of missed Dean too. They walked me to the car, and they started to ask me tons of questions. Like how was the school trip? What did I do there? "Were there any cute boys there?" My mom asked me as my dad drove away from the airport. I laughed softly as tears streamed down my face. "Nope, nobody that was special" I quickly wiped them out. "Well, we missed you, and Dean missed you too! I wouldn't stop worrying about you!" My dad says, looking at me through the review mirror. I laugh at that because Dean doesn't usually miss me for everything, so that I will bully him for that later. I smiled as I looked out the window, it was snowing in London, and it looked so beautiful! Snowflakes hit the car as my dad sped through the snow and was careful of the ice on the road. We made it home, and I got out of the car; it's home, but it doesn't feel like home because of him. I really shouldn't be hungover with a guy that I met a couple of days ago, but I feel like I knew that he was the one. Not the one I was going to marry but the one that I would give my heart to. Now that sounds cheesy, but I am a cheesy person; what can I say? "Emily? Emily?" Dean says, standing in front of me, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Dean, I heard you missed me!" I say, laughing, hugging him tightly. He groans from the tightness, "No, I didn't! DAD, did you say something?" He looked at my dad, who was taking out my suitcase. He shrugs his shoulders, but I could see his face as he was laughing! Dean walked me inside the house, and the scent came back to me. I was home, and I think I will be okay! Druig's voice came to my head and said, "I won't be okay until I see you again, and we need to talk." What the heck? Did he just read my mind? Druig laugh came to my mind. "Honey, I could always read your mind! The interesting part is how you read my mind sometimes" Dean looked at me, worried, "You okay?" I nodded at him. "Yes," But I was in shock at what I just heard!

Author Notes 📝

I am back to writing this book, and it feels terrific to be back! I am changing the format and breaking it into paragraphs so it's easier to read! This chapter was fun to write, and I added a little surprise at the end for everyone, so let me know what you think about that! Thanks so much for reading this book, and come back for more chapters. Also, this chapter would not be here without the help of someone, so thanks for your advice!