Mrs Kennedy

I'm lying on the floor of a dirty dark looking room with only one lamp hanging from the ceiling.

My hands and legs are tied tightly with zip lock strings.

Like in the book I've been kidnapped

Suddenly the door swung open and three men and a woman wearing masks came in

The woman looked familiar but I couldn't make out who she was.

I glared at them

"Eyes down girl" the man ordered in a harsh voice.

I obliged and looked down. No need to aggravate them without reason.

"Keep her here till Monday and then release her" the lady said

I recognised the vice and my head snapped up

She must have notice it and she moved close, tipping my chin up with her finger and bent down to my eye level.

"Stay still little bird. Just till Monday, these men are going to take good care of you here for the weekend" she said and smirked

Now I could totally tell who she was
"Mrs Kennedy" I whispered

Her whole body went stiff
And I smirked.
Got you

"You kidnapped me. I can't believe it. It makes sense. Monday is the last exam, you are afraid that I'll get more marks than your daughter as I always do and grap the top position like always. You can't stand that, can you. Did Leah come to you? Blinking her eyes wide and shedding her crocodile tears? Asking her mommy for help?"

Her hand came down on my face

Slap!

She slapped me.

The sting was bad. I saw her ring on the hand she had slapped me with and it now had blood on it.

She had cut me.

The skin on my cheekbone sting so that's where the cut must have been made.

"Shut up! If it wasn't for you Leah would be first! Because of you she can't be that! My child can't be perfect because you exist! You should never have existed! Once this is over.." she said grabbing my face "Leah will be first. She will be my perfect child and everyone will praise her and me! She will come first in these exams!"
She was practically screaming.

This was the cruel reality of the lavish mansions we lived in.
We were made to study and compete like sheep. Our parents expecting the best from us and if there was disobedience we were punished physically.

That's the only reason Harold kept me close.
I wasn't his blood but he would prefer and be good to me over his own blood son and daughter because I with my 36 year old brain was good at studies and extra curriculars.

I was his perfect creation he had molded and could boast about.

Via Kennedy was another such parent. She was abusive to Leah and expected the best of her in studies.

At least I had Ethan and Ally. They wasn't actually my siblings but we were close siblings and i couldn't imagine how I would grow up in that house without their support.

My mother was nice but she too was obsessed with academic achievements.
At least she cared for us unlike Harold.

I looked at mrs Kennedy. She was panting heavily and her eyes were wide.
She took a deep breath and composed herself.

"Be quite. Sit and obey and I will let you go soon" she said and walked out.

The men all dressed in black came up to me and shoved a tablet into my mouth.

When i resisted he grabbed my face and put it in my mouth properly.

"Swallow girl. Don't be a bother" he spit out

I nodded meakly. Pretending to be scared.
He smirked. Little did he know I had a plan.

It was mentioned in the book that Emma has been drugged and put to sleep to keep her quite.

I pretended to swallow and then after a few seconds pretended that my head was falling and then closed my eyes.

The men seeing this finally exited closing the door.

As soon as I was sure they were gone I opened my eyes and spit out the tablet.