Chapter -44

☆ Matched !☆

There's no shame in being afraid. Hell , we're are all afraid. What you gotta do is figure out what you're afraid of because when you put a face on it, you can beat it.

Annika sat infront of her brothers who looked like they were planning to hang her upside down. They seemed pissed at her.

She cleared her throat and said "Is everything fine? You suddenly called me."

"Yeah, everything is absolutely okay. Just that there was some urgent work we want you to do." Aditya responded stoically and shared a look with Kartik

Annika didn't understand his tone. But she knew the look he gave Kartik.

Kartik passed him a navy blue file and again got immersed in his laptop doing god knows what when Aditya was discussing something.

"I want you to take over this project and put all your efforts, attention and skill to it."

Annika held the file in her hand and very unsurely opened it. It was their  hotel project which was pending from two years.

Everytime they started of with the project there came some issue. They had won the case for the land but still not started of with the work.

In a nutshell the project needed expertise and full focus. And if she started to look after it then she wouldn't be able to move to Delhi.

"But.." She spoke up the moment she realized that but then the twitch on his forehead of Aditya along with the stern look broke her confidence in seconds.

"You have some issue with this?" He asked and she nodded in a no.

"Okay than you can ask for more details from my secretary he would pass it to you. Make it a success! "

"I'll give my best ! " She got up and walked out of the cabin.

Aditya looked at Kartik and both shook there heads at the situation as she left the room.

"At least will this will give us the time to bring out things under cover" Kartik spoke and Aditya nodded in agreement.

She slowly walked up to her cabin pondering on their sudden conduct. She mainly looked after events and management of the hotels , this project was new for her as it was still not completed. It was an under construction hotel she had look after.

Taking a seat on her chair she kept the folder in front of her and kept rolling her chair. Her gut was telling her that there is more to Aditya's decision.

****

Sweat trickled down his forehead in the air conditioned room. He rubbed his knuckles with his palm waiting for the reports.

A pat on his thigh made him turn towards his younger brother.

"Relax bhai! Don't be negative."

"I am scared!" Aditya accepted.

"You don't have to be. Reports will be here  any moment and I am sure the DNA's are going to match."

Although Kartik was consoling him but inside he too was anxious. It was a matter of the identity of their relationship.

Not more than five minutes later the reports came and Aditya trembled to open the envelope. Kartik took it from his hands and gestured to move to the doctors chamber.

Aditya prayed that the both Annika's and his DNA matched. It would just make things less tangled.

With a click sound of the door opening they got inside. He passed a formal smile to the doctor and his old classmate.

Kartik passed him the reports and the doctor opened it and started going through it.

Anticipating the next words of doctor both of them waited. His heart was thudding scared to listen something he didn't want to.

"Mr Singhal you and your sister share the same DNA. That means you guys have the same set of parents.The alleged father cannot be excluded from the DNA samples you provided us with." He further added.

Aditya looked perplexed after hearing him. He released a breath of relief as the thumping in his heart slowly subsided.

"So we , as in I and my sister Annika are blood related. " he asked again to confirm.

"Yes! There is no doubt in this." The doctor said smiling.

Kartik and he shared a meaningful look and then Kartik offered to leave. Both brothers had a smile of satisfaction on their faces

"Thank you so much! And please let this be between us. "

"You have my words Kartik. And I am glad I could be of some help"

Kartik took the driver's seat and Aditya called Shivaay

"They matched right? " Shivaay questioned just after picking up the call.

"Yeah! They did." Aditya confirmed and shared a smile with kartik.

"I already knew it. You guys are too similar to be not related by blood." Shivaay remarked.

"Now the question remains that why did mom lie to Anni? " He mused and Aditya's smile slowly faded.

"This mystery can solved by she herself." Aditya replied with a pregnant pause.

****

Annika stopped her car at distance from the building under construction. The board of Singhal construction in her line of sight as she stared at the building.

She got out of the car and called her secretary to locate her. Once she found her standing under a umbrella set up she proceeded towards the entrance to have a look at everything herself.

A room was prepared as a makeshift cabin for purpose. She looked around and pointed out things that could be changed or had to be added while her secretary noted them down.

Even though she was working her mind was preoccupied with her own problems. She again had somethingto tackle before it tackled her down.

She knew that it was just a matter of time that Madhuri started the topic of her wedding. Now when her plan of distancing her from Aditya was finally working she had full advantage.

And to stop anything rash to happen with herself, Sameer or Tanya she had to take some action because Tanya was not in a situation to do anything and Sameer was annoyingly being a mumma's boy.

Then there's this sudden question that was put on her and Shivaay. She couldnot understand what made Sameer's mother question her relationship with him.

They were not even good friends for heaven's sake.  Today only she requested him to meet him. Only she knew how she had gathered the courage to ask him that. And he didn't even think once before turning her down.

Why were they suddenly put in that light?

Her and him seemed like two different types of songs playing at the same time.

How noisy it would get?

****

The next chapter is here!

Do drop your views and votes

Sorry for keeping you all waiting. I was busy in my brother's wedding.

Keep smiling

Jiya