Chapter 4: Goodie Basket

"HOLD THE FUCK UP!! How much did you say is in that basket???", William questioned with wild eyes.

The four of them had settled down in the living area after the whole thing with Arny and Nix and had begun taking account of their resources. "We've got enough ammunition to last a month, but we don't have any food or money.", Arny explained while glancing warily at the large dog in Red's lap. Danny hummed and sank further into the couch he had dusted. "That means we have to go for a food run and rob a bank. I haven't robbed a bank in ages!", he whined while crossing his arms.

Little Red sighed and looked over the three boys. She'd known William for a very long time. He was one of the only people that she truly trusted. Seeing how comfy he was with these two strangers, she knew that they could be trusted. "Technically, we don't have to rob a bank.", she spoke after a second. Four pairs of curious eyes settled on her at the same time. Danny raised a brow and sat forward fast enough to give him whiplash. "Don't go quiet now, dollface. Elaborate.", he urged with growing interest.

"We don't need to rob a bank because we have that.", Red explained while gesturing to her basket by the door. The three men looked at the basket and back to her in confused silence. "Since no one is going to ask, I will. What does a tiny, old wicker basket have to do with us not robbing a bank?", Arny inquired with heavy concern. Little Red shrugged and ran her fingers through Nix's thick fur. "Oh, nothing. It's just full of gold bars and stacks of money amounting up to exactly $1,333,760.38... but otherwise nothing at all.", she said nonchalantly. William stood and stalked toward the basket before bringing it back to drop on the floor in the middle of them. There was a loud metallic thunk followed by gasps from the three shocked boys.

"You weren't kidding!", Danny exclaimed excitedly while kneeling to open the lid of the basket. The dim light of the fire they'd made shone against the bars encasing them in an almost heavenly halo of light. "HOLD THE FUCK UP!! How much did you say is in that basket???", William questioned with wild eyes. Red grinned with pride and repeated the amount.

Danny busied himself by building a pyramid with the money and gold while Arny paced around. "Who did you kill to get this much money?", he questioned after a moment. Little Red smirked and kissed Nix's forehead. "The Boogie Man.", she answered proudly. As soon as she answered, various reactions followed her words. William choked on air, Danny's hands faltered and knocked over his pyramid, and Arny tripped mid-step. "Y-you're telling me... you knocked off the east end's most dangerous crime lord?! On your own???", Will shouted earning a nod from the girl in red. "He fucked with Farmer John's last 'crop' so he had him taken care of.", she explained with a smirk

Silence filled the dusty room occasionally being broken by snorts from Nix. Danny shuddered and shakily reached to fix his pyramid as if the money would bite him if he touched it. Arny stopped his pacing and slowly sank into the cushions of his couch. Will just shook his head and sat on the floor with his legs crossed over each other. "Now the question is... how do we go out without being noticed?", Danny spoke up from his place on the floor.

How were they supposed to go out without being noticed?

(BRANDON / BIG BAD'S POV)

I glanced at the clock to my right and rolled my eyes. It's was 10:45 at night, and usually, I'd be enjoying the company of a pretty lady and a full glass at this time. Instead, I was sitting across from one of the most dangerous and annoying men in the country. Midas smirked and ran his fingers through his greasy hair while trying to chat up one of my maids. She smiled but I could tell she was growing more uncomfortable by the second.

"If you came here to hook up with one of my house staff, you can take those plastic gold rings and leave.", I spoke up while taking a sip of the bitter champagne he'd bought. Midas' golden eyes flickered to mine and he offered me a sleazy smirk riddled with gold teeth. "Apologies, Mr. Wolf. I tend to get business and pleasure mixed up.", he replied with a gruff voice. I hummed and shot a look at the girl standing awkwardly to the side. With a grateful nod, she made her exit much to Midas' disappointment. With a sigh, he fully faced me and leaned into his chair.

He poured himself another glass of champagne and nearly downed the whole thing with one sip again. "So, how're things coming with our girl in red?", he inquired with a raise of his slit brow. I shrugged and sat my glass down. "They're coming. She's more formidable than I thought for a girl her age.", I admitted while watching the diamonds glitter on my watch. Midas hummed and chuckled before finishing his glass and picking up the bottle. "You say that like you're not two years older than her. You rose to the top at an early age yourself! You were leading the entire police force by the age of nineteen, and you became criminal genius only five years later.", he praised while taking another swig.

I snorted and listened to his ass-kissing. He was only here because he was a scared, coward. Nevertheless, he was a coward with immense power and leverage over me, so I couldn't say anything about it. "You're right. It won't be long before your little pest problem is taken care of. By this time next week, you'll be sipping Tequila with some pretty girl. I promise!", I assured him with an easy smile. He laughed and nodded merrily at my words, not knowing my fingers were crossed the entire time. "I knew I could trust you to do the job! It looks like your little friend might have his happily-ever-after, after all.", he commented while rising from his seat and preparing to take his leave. I bit back a snarl and feigned gratitude. "I hope so!", I chirped while shaking his large, sweaty hands, "You have a nice night, now!".

I continued smiling until the filthy bastard was out of my sight. Once I was sure he was gone, I cringed in disgust and snapped my fingers twice. One of my housekeepers rushed to my side and offered me sanitizer and a wet wipe to clean his filth from my skin. "Thanks, doll. Now, I have a job for you..."

"Tell my men to keep looking for Red, and when they find her... tell her she isn't doing her job fast enough.".

THE END

(A/N): AND THERE WE HAVE IT, FOLKS!! BRANDON WAS THE ONE WHO PUT A HIT OUT ON MIDAS IN THE FIRST PLACE!! Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for your support, please continue to vote, comment, and share! As always, take care of yourselves; eat healthily, drink water, and be safe! ILYSM <33

thesmolbean out.