Chapter 6: Confrontation

Casey rounds up Jooyoung and Zico while Kari gets everyone settled in a practice room for the meeting. The girls want to announce their new additions to the company and encourage everyone to work hard.

Casey walks in with Jooyoung and Zico behind her, Kari is standing by the back wall waiting for them to arrive. Casey motions them to wait with Kari as she goes up to the front of the room.

"Okay kids, let's settle down now," Max yells into the room full of artists and staff.

Casey steps up to the center of the room and everyone stops talking to listen. Jooyoung, Zico, and Kari sneak into the back of the room.

"I hope everyone has been doing well and working hard since I've been gone," Casey says to the group with a smile.

Everyone answers with yeses and smiles on their faces.

"Good. I'm sure you're all dying to know what this impromptu meeting is about. Well, we signed two new artists to our company yesterday," Casey announces.

Everyone becomes excited about the news, they forget their manners and begin shooting questions Casey's way.

"Are they from Australia?" "Did you find them while you were there?" "Are they any good?"

The questions stream in one after the other without any room for Casey to answer them let alone speak at all. So instead of trying she smiles at everyone and waits until they realize what she's doing and they fall silent. She then motions for Jooyoung and Zico to join her at the front. All eyes are on them and the room remains silent.

"Zico and Jooyoung have signed with us. They are your seniors, so always be respectful of them and their time. Don't interrupt them when they are working. Okay?" Casey says.

"Yes!" They all reply making Casey smile, which in turn makes Zico smile.

"Hello everyone! My name is Zico. Please take good care of me. And don't be afraid to ask me for help or to practice," Zico says with a bow and a smile.

"Hello, I'm Jooyoung. Please take care of me and let's work hard," Jooyoung says politely with a bow.

After everyone bows back one of the members of Interstellar, Hiro, asks a question.

"Are they going to be participating with up at the showcase?"

"No, they can't perform at the showcase with you guys, they will debut under us at a later time." Kari answers as she comes up.

Minha asks the next question.

"Who's going to take my spot?" She asks as she just recently broke her ankle while practicing her dance for the showcase.

"You will still get to go on stage." Casey tells the girl. "You will only be rapping though, no dancing."

Minha nods happily with a huge smile on her face.

"Okay, that's all for today's meeting. Remember to keep practicing, eat well, and get plenty of rest. Don't overdo it. I don't want any sick kids!" Casey tells them in a motherly tone, dismissing them to their schedules.

Almost everyone leaves and the four of them exit right behind. Giriboy follows behind them, takes Casey away from everyone else and whispers to her. Zico pauses and watches the two with jealousy written all over his face. Kari sees the look on his face and knows that he likes Casey.

"Don't worry Zico, they don't have anything going on. They are just really good friends. We all went to college together," Kari informs him.

"Huh? Oh, that's good... I mean, I'm not worried. I mean... I don't know what I mean," He says with an awkward laugh. Kari laughs at him while they walk away and Zico slings his arm around Kari's shoulder.