Let's Get One Thing Straight

Asia's conversation was quickly slippin' from my mind as I watched Champagne cross and uncross her legs out the corner of my eye. Ky'Asia knew damn well she wasn't going to take Trey to no damn ER for a fever.

She was just trying to find a way to force me to come home on her schedule and I sure as hell ain't appreciate that bullshit. I had started heading toward Military Highway but pulled into the abandoned Cedar Grove Shopping Center and parked.

I had a few things I wanted to discuss with Champagne. We'd been dealin' with each other for about four months and she definitely seemed like that ride or die chick I needed on my team. I already had Ky'Asia, but she was my business head.

Don't get me wrong. Ky'Asia was a good girl. We went to high school together. I was the bad boy and she was the pretty brain of the school. Niggas flipped out when they found out I was fucking with her.

She held me down, though, even helped a nigga move product sometimes. She wouldn't let no other nigga even get close to her after I hit that shit.

We'd been together for about eight years, hell since we were both sixteen, and when she had my son, Trey, two years ago I knew I couldn't let her go.

She was my one and only baby momma. It was an official done deal. Another nigga could cancel any thought of getting with that shit. She was loyal than a muthafucka to me and me only. Ky'Asia was like Champagne in a lot of ways.

She was fine and would do anything I asked, or told her to. I guess she just loved me like that. As I put the car into park, I turned to Champagne. "What's up, baby? You want to do it again?" She had that eager look in her eyes. I couldn't believe she was ready again so soon.

"Naw, boo, I'ma take care of you for sho, but right now I got to talk to you about some real shit." "What's up?" she asked. "I'ma ask you something and don't lie to me." I was serious. If it was one thing I didn't tolerate was a lying bitch.

The last bitch who lied to me ain't looking too good right about now. I sent a few of my soldiers to teach her a lesson. Dumb broad actually laughed in their faces, so they went the extra mile and took a blade to the corners of her mouth, slicing her open from her lip to cheek.

That bitch got a permanent smile now, looks like a real-life version of the Joker now. No lie. "You love me?" I asked her. She paused for a second, like she didn't know what to say.

"What's the matter, why you actin' like I just gave you a fucking SAT question or some shit?" "It's not that, baby," she said quietly. "It's just that I don't want you to be mad at me, or leave me."

"What the hell you talkin' 'bout, girl?" She took a deep breath. "I mean, if I tell you how I really feel, are you going to get upset and leave me? I don't want that to happen. You the best thing that's happened to me. And you the only nigga who give a shit about me."

"Look, Champagne, I ain't gonna get mad at you. For real the reason I pulled over here to talk to you is 'cause I feel like we need to make this official. You been loyal to me, at least I'm hopin' so, 'cause the way you was ridin' my ass tonight kinda got a nigga wonderin'." She laughed.