𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

I remember it like it was yesterday, my mother and father had gifted me with a silver necklace with a silver ring and silver leaves on it, the words always and forever engraved on it. I was only very little when they gave it to me. I always hold onto it when I miss them..

~

1853-

It was after my 6th birthday when my mother passed away with a rare cancer case that was diagnosed too late and was incurable at the time. She was just sitting there.. Even when she was weak and tired she looked beautiful. I went in to say my last goodbye with my father and I distinctly remember her saying.

"Diana, I will always love you. You are my life, joy, happiness, love and most importantly my daughter. Now don't cry dear as I love you so very much. There, take this ring and add it to your necklace as a charm."

It was a rose gold ring that had the words 'always and forever' engraved on it.

As she leaned closer to me to attach the ring to my necklace she spoke,

"you may not know it yet, but in time, you will discover the power you have. You can make and break the world. Use your gifts wisely and for the people you love and not out of impulse. Control your emotions as they are your greatest weakness. You are stronger than you think.. you have it all inside you."

"I love you so much mother", I cried through my harsh sobs.

"I love you, always and forever."

"always and forever" I replied.

~

3 years later in 1858 my father had to go fight against Germany, leaving me alone at the age of 9. "if i could you know that i would stay Diana. I would never leave you by choice." "

I know my father. promise me you'll stay safe and that i'll see you again soon."

"I promise" "

I love you," I replied.

"I love you, always and forever." he said, giving me a gold ring with the words 'always and forever' engraved in it.

"always and forever" I whispered quietly to myself.

My father left to fight in the war while I stayed home bored, and not knowing what to do with the rest of the time I had on my hands.

After two years of waiting I found out that my dad had died in the war. Out of grief I ran to my parents room and found an old journal.

Legend of The Tribrid it read. On top of it there was a note, i opened it and it read:

Our sweet Diana, if you are reading this then i'm sorry we couldn't stay longer, but you are not on your own. We will always watch over you and protect you. You must be careful because you are not like everyone else dear.

Remember when I told you that you have it inside of you? you are a supernatural species, one of your kind. A Werewolf, Witch and a Vampire.. The Tribrid.

At the age of 17 is when your vampire side will enter and you will be immortal. This journal will have everything you need to help you with your new found talent. Also one more thing, if you ever encounter the Mikaelsons, they may be hard to deal with at first, but they need you. Never lose sight of what you love.

'Always and Forever' my dear, your mother and father.

~

After the news I got adopted by the Salvatore family. They treated me like their own daughter and gave me luxuries that any girl could want. I also had two brothers I got to grow up with, Damon and Stefan.

Stefan was the same age as me but Damon was 8 years older. They loved me so much it felt like I always had them in my life. I will always miss my parents but I was thankful that I now had a family that could look after me and love me more than I could ever ask.

After 5 years of practicing spells and magic from my witch side, I learned to control it and master it without hurting myself too much.

In the middle of the night I had a nightmare and I needed a breather so I went outside and sat on the steps. Before I could get up to go back inside I was met with darkness.

~

I woke up trying to recover from the slight concussion I had received and got up to see that I was in some sort of German base. I hid behind the nearest tree I could find and just observed for a while. I was so scared, as I only had my witch side but I could not expose it to them.

Thoughts running through my head, not knowing what I should do next. I knew how to speak German as my birth father taught me when I was little but they would never believe anything I say.

I looked again and saw a man who looked like he was in his twenties and was wearing a German uniform. He had brownish-blonde hair and was tall and muscular.

He turned his head and saw me, he looked straight into my eyes as I quickly hid again behind the tree scared for what's going to happen next.

I looked again and he was gone. I felt relieved as I let out a sigh of relief that I didn't know I was holding. Then at that same moment I felt someone tap my shoulder...