CH🍓PTER 1

🍓

  🍓

(y/n): Your Name
(n/n): Your Nick Name (based off your name)

   🍓

"Be careful, (n/n)!" Your bedridden grandmother warned you while you were preparing yourself to "borrow" (steal) some milk, bread and some sugar for the tea. You firmly nodded your head. "Don't worry, granny." You said. She smiled at you in response, feeling relieved by your bravery. She then glanced over at her side, there laid your grandfather.-Your granny's husband. "Dear, could you maybe also get some strawberry jam? You know Garold loves it. He won't finish his cup of milk without his precious strawberry jam sandwich!" Your granny chuckled with her raspy voice. "Got it!" You laughed quietly.

You kissed your granny's cheek and your grandfather's cheek before grabbing your backpack and a small needle -that you use as a sword- and walking towards the door. There you turned around, saying a quick 'See you soon' and 'I'll come back fast' before leaving.

You were scared, honestly, but you didn't want to show it. You didn't want to make your granny and grandfather more concerned and feel more guilty than they already were. + You had to do this or you all would starve to death.

Your heart skipped a beat when you saw a mouse walking around the corner just beneath the wooden "bridge" you were standing on. You clutched onto the rope (a piece of clothes thread) you were holding for support. You used it to swing from one wooden "bridge" to an other.

🍒
(meaning: a little time skip, but still the same day)

Finally. You smiled happily as you finally stood in the kitchen. You quickly looked around to see if anyone's nearby. Luckily no one was in sight. You hurriedly ran towards Leo's bowl of milk. Leo is a house cat, owned by the "giants" (humans) who live in this house. You scanned the bowl of milk. The milk seemed freshly poured and untouched which made you smile in bliss.

You grabbed a hand-made ladder out of your big backpack. You folded it out and placed it against Leo's bowl of milk. After that you grabbed a bucket (that previously belonged to some small dolls) bound with some clothes thread. You climbed on the ladder and lowered the bucket into Leo's bowl of milk. You carefully scooped the bucket full with milk and then very, very carefully raised it out of the bowl, trying your best not to spill any of the precious milk.

"Miaaauuww~."

You gasped and your heart rate went up. You stopped to look up. Luckily Leo was not in sight. You then heard a "giant" talking in a sweet voice to Leo. The voice made you shiver, it sounded sickly sweet to you. You sighed in relief at the fact you're safe and then hurriedly continued your job. You closed the lid of the bucket. Double checking if it's closed tightly before putting the bucket back in your backpack. You then folded the ladder and put that neatly back in the backpack too.

'Milk is done. Next is bread and sugar.' You thought. 'And jam!' You quickly added in your head.

You looked up at the super big table leg infront of you, bending your neck in the progress. 'Just hurry up, (y/n).' You thought to yourself. You quickly grabbed something from your pocket. It was a nail with clothes thread firmly attached to it. You took some steps back from the table leg before swinging your arm to throw the nail from a 45 degree angle. The nail landed perfectly, digging through the wooden table leg. You then tugged on the thread to check if it's secure/strong enough. Yes. You happily praised yourself in your head.

You started climbing.

🍒

You panted as you finally landed on top of the table after struggling on top of the chair which you had landed first on. Your mouth watered as you stared at the open bag of bread. You walked towards it, taking big steps. You took your backpack off to grab a knife (that previously belonged to a doll's kitchen). You cut off a piece of bread that was pretty big for you. Without wasting a second, you securely tucked it in your backpack.

Next is sugar. Your eyes landed on the carton box filled with blocks of sugar. You struggled with lifting a sugar block, but still managed. You put it in your backpack. Your backpack had now gotten too heavy for your liking, but you could manage this.

'Where's jam...?' You looked around. There was no bottle of jam on the table. You sighed in defeat, assuming they had put the jam in the fridge since the weather was getting hotter.

'What should I get Garold instead?' You thought to yourself. "Maybe some cake and candy?" You muttered.

Bad idea.

Coming up:

"All this time I was thinking a little mouse was stealing my candy." He chuckled. He finger walked with his fingers towards your small body before softly pushing the tip of his index finger against your torso, making you fall backwards.

Author's Note:

Thank you for reading!

Don't forget to follow me if you enjoy reading my books! And don't forget to vote on this chapter if you liked/like it!

@YukioSnow ♡

🍓