Chapter Five

"Going back to the matter at hand, how are we getting to Alastia? At this point the prince will lose his head!" Isla yells, changing the conversation back to our situation.

"I have a way to get you all there..." Barinor says, taking a glance at his frightful creature.

"You want the Princess to ride that, that thing?" Isla spat struggling to find a word for the dragon.

In all honesty, I was quite curious about the creature, it's claws and eyes a tone of yellow, as it's scales from to bottom turned a dark green to a light blue of it's scales.

The uncertainty of the creature also made me nervous.

What if it swoops down like it did when she scared off the horses to someone else and they aren't as lucky as we were?

"I don't see why not, her mother used to do it all the time. In fact Glyder isn't my dragon, it was Falynn's." We watched Glydor anxiously walk around in circles, making me wonder if the creature could actually understand our language.

The sound of my mother's name made me turn my head, this was my mother's dragon?

How did I not hear of such a thing?

I have to investigate this. "You said it's my mother's dragon, so if that's the case why do you have her?"

Standing up from my seat as Aris helped me step down from the carriage, keeping an eye on Barinor as he wrung his hands together as he looked like he was thinking of a way to word things.

"Your mother was afraid that if he found out that the dragon's existed that he would communize them as weapons," he spoke solemnly.

He wasn't wrong about my father, in fact it seems he knows my father as much as I or Mave does.

"You interest me, Sir. Barinor." I continued to walk toward Glydor, my hands clasped together behind my back.

I heard a bellow laugh coming from behind me.

"Is that so Milady?" His voice had a sense of humor behind it.

I could hear the carriage's weight shift, becoming lighter of his weight.

He wasn't a heavy man, just large of his toned muscles.

I raised my hand toward Glydor, she slowly placed her snout against my hand as if to say she trusts me, making my smile in response.

Her scales felt rough yet glazy, almost delicate, I turned back to face him before speaking. "You do, and I'll take you up on your offer,"

Isla and Aris followed us, but stopped at a safe distance, wary as if Glydor could bite them if they got too close.

I turned back to her, her yellow eyes curiously sniffing at my hands and we made eye contact.

"If you so much as happen to do what you have done to my carriage to someone else's while I'm on your back. I will not hesitate to incintergrate you." It was an empty threat.

There was no way I'd be able to hurt or destroy such a magnificent creature, especially when my mother had loved her so much to protect her.

For a creature that would terrify humans, Glydor cowards from my hand, it was a bit amusing.

I chuckled quietly as she watched me fearfully with her large eyes.

I took my hand away and looked at the others who all stared at me in shock, more as Aris, frightened herself it seemed.

"What is everyone looking at?" I began to feel shy placing stray hair back into place.

"You are definitely Falynn's daughter." He laughed, breaking the quietness.