The Truth (Oneshot)

A/N: Before we jump into this, I just want to quickly mention this oneshot holds a possible trigger for people out there: gender dysphoria.

It also holds questioning sexual orientation, if these are triggers to you, feel free to read something else.

Yakko could barely hear the TV through the closed bathroom door, his heavy breathing blocked out any other noise going on. Tears welled up in his eyes, and they rolled down as fear filled him from head to toe.

This anxiety attack had come out of nowhere. Just ten minutes ago he was enjoying his time with his beloved siblings, but now, he had been shivering in distress of what they would think after he told them.

He had been questioning himself for a while.. was he really heterosexual? Was he really a male? He didn't know anymore.. he felt his chest tighten up as the uncertainty mixed with his panic.

The only ones who knew about his recent dysphoria were Scratchy - formerly known as Dr. Scratchansniff - Nurse, and Slappy.

Even though all three had got his back, they didn't understand what it was like.

Yakko didn't know if being straight and cisgender was 'normal' like some people claimed, all he knew is that he definitely didn't feel normal.

If he identified as something other than those two things, what will he be classified as? Strange? Mentally Ill? Or.. a Monster?

Pshhh... what was he talking about? There was nothing wrong with identifying as something else. He'd been supporting all of it since the day he'd heard about it.

He remembered Wakko telling him and Dot that they identified as a demiboy, and the love Yakko and Dot shared for their sibling hadn't changed one bit.. if anything, it probably increased a smidgen, if that was even possible.

His mind also reflected back to the time Dot told him and Wakko she was a lesbian. Sure, the brothers were puzzled - obviously supportive as well - for a second, but she did explain she had been questioning for a while and boys just 'weren't her thing' after all. She still adored Mel Gibson, but she just didn't seem to be romantically attracted to him.

Of course, just like Wakko, the love for their little sister possibly grew only a little bit if even doable.

Why would it change if he told them? He took a few deep breaths and wiped his tears away as he continued thinking about it.

Maybe it was time.

Or.. maybe it wasn't. He didn't even know what to call himself.

Was he a demiboy too? No, he couldn't be.. his siblings would probably think he was copying Wakko..

Was he bisexual? He did like girls, but also had a few boy crushes here and there despite his preference for women.. maybe that made sense.