Ava | Chap. 65

"So...? What... what do you think?

- Hm, it's honestly way too early too tell." Kira groaned, her wisdom filled eyes trailing up and down Angel's body. "Only time will tell. If you have any vomiting, sudden nausea, unusual hunger, anything out of the ordinary; you know what to do."

In typical Kira style, the Healer walked away all the while mumbling under her breath. Angel on the other hand seemed like she was about to explode into a panic attack. I took a careful step forward, unsure how she was about to react or if she would pass out on me. Instead, Angel suddenly kneeled to the ground, covering her face with her hands in a sobbing fit. Oh crap, what am I supposed to do now!? I'm not cut out for this!

Comfort her. Ruby nudged, taking the lead in the conversation for the first time. I felt strange as my body seemed to move on it's own. I kneeled by  her side and embraced her into a hug.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. It's gonna fine.

- ANGIE!!!" I was cut off then almost shoved onto the ground when Ryder jumped out of nowhere from the foliage and wrapped his arms around Angel. It took me a good minute to understand what was happening hence why I remained frozen in my spot. I never saw Ryder act so... worried around someone so it really threw me off to see him this way around Angel. He cupped his hands onto her cheeks, wiping away her tears. "Angie, are you okay? Onyx, he felt you were distraught..." I arched a brow, intrigued; who's Onyx? Putting aside the question, I was snapped back into reality when Ryder turned towards me, his eyes shifting into a pale grey hue. A low growl rumbled his throat which instantly made Ruby's fur stand on end and we stood our ground. "Did you hurt her?" His voice was laced with rage, but I didn't budge. I stood firmly and could feel Ruby emanate a powerful aura to match Ryder's Wolf and make him understand we weren't afraid.

Luckily, Angel was able to quickly calm down the tension when she gently placed her hand upon Ryder's shoulder. He turned around still fired, but his attitude completely changed when she spoke four simple words.

"I think I'm pregnant." Even though most of his face was turned to face Angel, I could see his muscles melt from anger to relief then pure ecstasy.

The red head gently cupped his hands onto her cheeks, suddenly radiating with emotions. "Angie, you're serious?

- Kira is not sure but, it's most likely..." She gazed down teary eyed. "I... I didn't know how to tell you, and-and I don't even know if I'm read—" Ryder's head suddenly leaned forward and he smacked his lips onto hers, something I wasn't expecting from him; that guy had been such a stuck up, well, asshole it really came as a surprise to see him act so kind towards Angel.

Nonetheless the gesture made me smile a little, happy to know she had someone who could lift— hold on... Are they making out!? ... OH DEAR SELENE THEY ARE!!! Utterly embarrassed, I turned my gaze away just as Ryder slipped his hands under Angel's pants. It's like they had completely forgotten I was RIGHT BESIDE THEM! Seriously, this pack has literally NO sense of privacy! I did my best to ignore the moans while I took my leave, shaken by the sight.

Even Ruby shook her pelt in disbelief. Those two need to get a room. She snickered between her teeth which pulled a good chuckle out of me. I decided to head back to the house to see how everyone else was doing, and I arrived to a real snore fest; the place was covered by sleeping Wolves, all snoring peacefully within their own little dream world. I know they had gotten through a lot after we got separated but I didn't think they were THAT tired, poor things.

I quietly snuck by my exhausted packmates and managed to reach my room, but I was disappointed to find out my bed was already claimed by Nala, Jax leaned by the edge of the bed also sound asleep. I stepped to the living room, spotting Cade on the couch, Tommy and Tobby on the lazy boy and Winston laid down by the front door. Kira was nowhere to be seen so I assumed she had found a quiet spot to sleep or do her voodoo, magic things. The only place left was with Zed by the fire and unlike the others, he was wide awake.

I walked up to the fire, leaned onto the wall and slid down into a sitting position, my legs folded in front of me. With a gentle smile on my lips, I turned to look at Zed.

"Hey bud, aren't ya sleepy?" I asked, awaiting his response.

"Not really. Thought that little lap around the place would've worn me out; except I'm more fired up than before." He sighed and I noticed he couldn't take his eyes away from Tommy and Tobby, immediately striking my interest.

"Something bothering you?

- I... I honestly can't believe he saved that kid. I'd never thought I'd see a werewolf and a human get along so well." I nodded, turning my gaze towards the two.

"Love can make people do crazy things." I half yawned, already feeling sleep seep its way into my body. I laid my head onto Zed's shoulder since I was honestly too tired to care. And I didn't feel like laying my head on the ground as well... He didn't seem to mind though, in fact he scooted closer and made sure I was comfy.

"Yeah..." He gave out a long sigh when he responded, which almost made me giggle when my head was gently lifted with the rhythm of his breathes.

As my mind started to wonder off, I blurted out a question in an futile attempt to keep myself awake. "Have you... yawn ever, loved someone...?"

A silence followed my words, but I was unable to tell whether I was simply to tired to hear him or if he simply didn't answer. Either way, I found myself fast asleep, my head pressed against his shoulder by the warmth of the fire.

"I did... but that was a long time ago. He..." a sigh lifted his chest. "Let's just say we parted ways. Never had anyone after that—"

Zed craned his neck to look at Ava, realizing she had fallen asleep, her eyes peacefully closed. He gave out a little smile. She looks so cute when she sleeps. He stretched out his arm, managed to grab a pillow from the nearest couch and gently placed it under her head. Once she was settled he sat beside her, then allowed his mind to wander off into the depths of his memories.

He fell back into the warmth of summer, as the light dimly cascaded down onto his face, the creaking branches of the willow tree above gently brushing his legs with every gust of wind. He remembered fondly the feeling of joy, his hand slipping into the palm of his lover. How he missed his eyes, his voice, his body...

With a heavy sigh, Zed washed away those thoughts, well aware they'd also bring back memories he had kept hidden for so many years. And yet... it was hard to forget how being loved felt. Such an addictive feeling.

"I wish you were here, Trev..." he murmured before falling into the arms of slumber.

-*-

Consider leaving a VOTE and a COMMENT for more!