1. Manchester

The same day I signed for United I was lucky enough to find a house near the training ground. I got a text from a number.

'Hello Jordyn welcome to the United Family. Can we Facetime?'

'sure'

I picked up the FaceTime and there was a blond woman.

"Hello Jordyn! My name is Katie Zelem. I'm the captain of Manchester United women's team"

'Hello Katie! I would tell you my name but you already know that" I smiled.

We talked for about an hour about the team and the beautiful game.

We said our goodnights then I cut the phone.

I unpacked all my belongings and slept because the next day was a men and womens team photoshoot.

------------------

I arrived at Carrington because thats where the teams were meeting up. I didn't have a drivers license and I didn't know anybody so I just went with a bus and checked my way in. I was dressed in the training kit they gave me I went to the pitch and saw my new teammates and a lot of United's mens first team squad.

"Hello" Katie said while facing me.

"Hi Katie"

"Hi. It's almost time for the shoot. Most of the the first team of both men and women are here. You nervous yeah?

"A little but I'll be alright innit"

I know about the English slang since my dad always used it but this was my first time saying it in England. Not gonna lie it feels kinda nice.

About 10 minutes pass and everyone is here. I talked to some of my new teammates and we line up for the shoot. The arrangement is one woman and beside her one man and repeat. There were 3 rows. The first will sit on benches, the second will be standing and the third are the tallest players who would also be standing. I got put in the middle row since I'm pretty average. I am on the edge with Jadon Sancho next to me.

After the shoot was done Sancho turned to me.

"Welcome Jordyn. My name is Jadon" he said.

Like I don't already know who he is but I played along.

I wondered how he knew my name but I remembered that United posted about it.

"Thanks. How are you doing Jadon?" I said not knowing what else to say.

"Good" he smiled.

"I would be more excited to meet you but I'm a Chelsea fan" I said.

He chuckled "Oh really? But we beat them isn't that enough for you to convert"

He was referring to the time that Manchester United beat Chelsea 4-0. Which wasn't a very fond time for me.

"Nah... I've been a Chelsea fan for more than 13 years now mate" I laughed.

"Okay then who are your favourite players then?"

"Of all time" I asked

"Yeah sure"

"Let's see. Coutinho, he was brilliant. Also Messi no explanation needed and Frank Lampard."

"What about me and all the icons like Ronaldinho?"

"I didn't used to watch football when I was young but I used to play it a lot. I didn't watch players like Ronaldinho and Rooney but I've seen clips. I only started watching the Premier league and taking football seriously when I was 12."