Fish Scene - Simon

I open one eye drowsily and find him so close that I'm seeing double. His lips are slightly parted and his hair is in eyes, that are softly closed. He looks more at peace than I've ever seen him. I'm wrapped tightly in his embrace with not a chance of getting free. I turn my head to see what woke me and find mum in the doorway, I smile at her in the glow of the fish tank, and she smiles back, "was just checking in," she whispers, looking slightly embarrassed at being caught and retreats to her room, wrapping her nightgown tighter around her. I knew she would find out about me and Wille, she can always tell with this sort of stuff, but I'll let Wille think we fooled her. His breath is warm, grazing over my forehead, and there's a soft sigh every time he exhales. I've never seen him look so peaceful, so unworried. As much as he tries to hide it, the stress marks on his forehead are always there and his eyes look tired when he smiles. I rest my head against his chest and breath him in, my curls tickling his neck and chin. Impossibly, his grip around me becomes tighter and I close my eyes into it, rubbing small circles on his back, and eventually I fall asleep to the soft rhythm of his breath.