𝟎𝟏.

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘰𝘯𝘦!

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐂𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄'𝐒 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃. at least that's how i felt. my mother stood at the door of the living room, a satisfied smirk plastered on her face. my father had just hit me, again, and my weak self had fallen to the floor. apparently, i had woken up too late, if 6:00 on a school day is even late. it was obvious my father had been drinking, as he did several times a week.

"oh get up, you're 16 years old and can't handle a small slap?" my dad hollered, causing me to tremble back in fear.

you'd think that i would be used to getting abused by my parents, but i really haven't. my shyness just kept on evolving as i grew up, and alcoholic parents didn't help. my brother died when he was just 4 years old, leaving me an only child at 9.

that was when the abuse started. i was just a little girl and never expected for my own parents, the ones who raised me, to beat me. since i was homeschooled, i thought that getting abused was a normal thing, and that most kids around me experienced the distraught and hardship i went through.

i quickly jump up, my stirring thoughts moving away. my mom heads to the kitchen to make breakfast for my dad as i rush to my room. it's rare that i get breakfast made for me, but if i get hit, there's no chance i can even make it myself.

i hear my dad talking to my mom. i throw on a pair of straight light-washed jeans and a sweater. i brush through my tangled hair, to a point where it looks decent. i also slide on my white converse, with a few rings that i got from my best friend, hannah.

hannah is the only one who knows what my home life is actually like. i made her swear that she would not tell anyone, because i would practically be dead if anyone found out. hannah has a loving family, something i will never experience. we met in the 9th grade, and had a sudden connection. i always rant to her whenever something is wrong, and i love her for just listening to me.

i walk out of my room with my backpack, the weight of my books making it hard to walk. i mutter a quick "bye" to my parents, but they don't say anything back.

school is just a three-minute walk from my house, so i put in my airpods and make my way through the neighborhood. i see the sunrise as i near the school, and it makes me somewhat hopeful for the day ahead.

as i walk into the school doors, i notice more chatter amongst the frantic teens. a arm yanks me into the nearest bathroom as my head hits the wall, throbbing in pain.

i look up to see hannah staring at me with an apologetic look in her eyes. "sorry, i didn't mean for you to get hurt, i just wanted to tell you the news!" she says, excitement lacing her voice.

i stare at her, confused. "well what is it?" i ask after she doesn't say anything.

"a famous actor just transferred here today! his name is louis partridge, ever heard of him?" hannah asks curiously.