Chapter 7

*time skip*

The duo walked back to their apartment pretty late since they searched for the library after school. Well, they found the library itself pretty easily, but they couldn't find the books they wanted that easy. 

Felix  was looking for a cookbook. He hadn't baked in a long time and wanted to try new cookie recipes. Jisung, on the other hand, was looking for something completely different. 

Some book called "How to smile and cope with rude people"? For some reason, at the end of the class day, Jisung wanted to rush to a library for this book.

Confused by his sudden interest in books and choice of books, Felix followed him to the library. 

Not that he had much choice, he was practically pulled along by the hand by an excited Jisung.

Once they both found the books they wanted, they went back to their apartment. The walk back home was silent. Not the kind of awkward silence, more a mindful silence.

Felix, still not sure what caused Jisung's sudden interest in books, was looking through the recipes in the cookbook while walking home.

Jisung looked smugly ahead as he began a conversation, "Felix?" "Yes, Jisung?" Felix answered, not looking up from his book. "Isn't the full moon close? Like, I've been transformed for almost three and a half weeks, it must be close right?" "Yes, it is pretty close indeed."

And looking up from his book he continued "It should be a full moon this Friday. I was planning to look for a good place to stay from Friday to Saturday, tomorrow after classes. I saw an abandoned house a few neighbourhoods away when I went shopping the other day. I was planning to check it out myself tomorrow." 

"Ok nice. Do you think it'll take long, or will we be back home by dinner time?" Jisung asked as they walked past a coffee shop.

"Jisung, I wasn't pla-

Do you smell that?" "Coffee? Do you want some coffee? To be honest I'd really like an iced americano now." Jisung answered his friend's question. "No, not that, dummy." 

"Well, be more clear than. Do I smell what? There are a lot of smells in the air, Lix" Just as he said that, he saw the way his best friend moved his nose, and the way his blinking became heavier. As if it was a hard task rather than something natural. When he shot his friend a questioning look, this one became aware of his heartbeat. It was quickening. 

Felix felt more changing than only his smell, every sense refined in a blink of an eye. When his vision, too, became more perfect than was possible for the human eye, he understood that he had to hide quickly.

Felix ran past the coffee shop down a small alley that was a dead end. Too scared to turn back and find a better spot, he sat there in the far corner, behind a large trash can.

Jisung, of course, had immediately run after his friend and now took a seat opposite him on the floor 

"Care to tell me what's happening? Don't think I missed the look of shock in your eyes, nor did I miss the quickening of your heartbeat. What happened, what did I miss while standing right next to you, huh?" 

Felix who was looking at the ground in terror, looked up at Jisung with real puppy eyes and said,

"Ji, I really don't know. I swear I smelt, sensed something. Just as I wanted to search for its source, I felt it go further away. Somehow this made my wolf want to come out, it still wants to. Jisung?"

"Shoot." "I think it's that same feeling. Every time I sense it, it makes my wolf go wild.." 

After the lecture last week, Felix felt the feeling almost every day. His body, mind and wolf grow crazier for it every time he senses it. He wants to find the source of these feelings but is afraid of not being able to contain himself if he gets close enough. 

"Can you control it now?" "I...yes of course...it ebbed already. I'm just shaking from the adrenaline." "whahaha, You're not going to tell me that this thing, which makes you go crazy, also causes extra adrenaline production? Kinky." 

Jisung somehow found it funny, but Felix didn't. He wanted this whole thing to end. And quick.     

"Well, yes it does. I don't know why okay, it's probably an alpha thing. You won't get it." Felix bit back.

"Auch. Sorry, mister alpha, I won't joke about this irritating mysterious feeling of yours anymore <3" Jisung answered in a mockingly sweet voice, while he held his fists to his cheeks and drew a pout. "Aegyo won't help you when it comes to me, Ji. Actually, I think it didn't work on anyone until now, did it?" 

"I'LL FIND SOMEONE WHO FALLS FOR IT, JUST WAIT! AND WHEN I DO YOU'LL BE JEALOUS OF ME BECAUSE OF THEM. I'LL TOTALLY LEAVE YOU FOR THEM JUST WAIT. HMPF"       Jisung acting like this made Felix crack up, and while getting up he said while laughing "I'm pretty sure we're stuck with each other for the next few hundred years, Jisung. Sorry, mate."

"You just wait," Jisung answered, pissed off, as he began to hug the book in his hands tightly. 

"You look cute rather than angry. Maybe next time you should try being angry instead of aegyo, maybe then people will fall for you." Felix said, winking at his friend. "Aish, Felix-ah!! I get it, now shut up and start walking. I wanna get home quick." Felix picked up his book which he had previously dropped and followed him while still laughing. 

Once home, Jisung almost flew to the living room. Sometimes this boy really worries Felix, he'll probably be the reason why they one day get caught. No normal human could ever run that fast.

"WHAT DID YoU SAY FELIX? SORRY I'M READING RIGHT NOW I CAN'T HERE YOU. YEAH, IT'S A REALLY GOOD BOOK CALLED 'HOW TO SMILE AND COPE WITH RUDE PEOPLE'. NO I JUST STARTED READING IT BUT I HAVE THE FEELING IT'S A GOOD ONE. OKAY, SEE YOU AT THE DINER TABLE THEN" Jisung yelled out of nowhere.

A/N: ok extra post because Christmas eveLLLL!!!!!!!!!! ngl I love it sm O-O like fr it's so goodd and Winter Falls is prolly my new favourite song 👉👈