Part 64

Dear diary,
The book was smooth against my fingertips, it was as if it had never been opened. I sat at the foot of the bed scouring the pages, there must have been something. I continue to turn the pages 570, 789, 932... page 1020. I had finally reached it. The headline read Chaoxiang Huang, first emperor of China. Under the heading was a portrait of young man. He couldn't have been older than 20. My fingers ran over his face hoping to piece together the fragments. My hand stopped when I reached the fine print. Born September 12th 1000 AD. Died June 8th 1020 AD. Suddenly the pages began to move. I moved my hands away from the book in shock. It fell to the ground face up, the pages still flipping. It finally stopped when it entered a blank page. I tilted my head, slowly reading the writing magically appearing on the paper. "Georgina enter's the room" I confusedly read. "What are we looking at?" a voice ask. I flinched at the sound of her voice. "Georgina" I shortly said a second after. She continued to blabber, but my sights were fixated on the book... ignoring her. It constantly wrote, as if it knew what was happening before it happened. "We're did you get this" Georgina said aggressively slamming the book closed with the dark red heel of her shoe. "Elijah" I questionably said, our eyes meet for a second before she snarled. "This is dangerous" she yelled pointing to the book. "But wouldn't you like to know more?" I asked her as I tucked a blonde strand of hair back into place. "No! I'm fine never knowing, besides the past should stay were it is" she sincerely said, her eyes still forced on the closed book. "Maybe I want to know" I yelled quickly standing up from the bed. "You can't expect me just to accept a few meaningless memories every time something from my past appears or when I sleep. I deserve to know who I am, because it's not fair that you do and I don't." I loudly said, taken back by my sudden burst of anger. "You're right it's not fair, but this isn't the way" Georgina said her tone sounding almost human. "Then show me the way" I stammered. Before I could take back my answer, Georgina took a step closer to me. "This may hurt" she signed as her thumbs deeply dug into my temple. Her palms wrapping around my head. An unexpected pain hit me. I dropped to the floor in agony, she followed her grip tight. "What are doing" I yelled. It felt like my brain was splitting into two. "They are buried so deep, I have to go farther" She said, as-though she was in the same amount of pain. I grabbed onto her hands, shaking my head, but yet she dug. I screamed again. A gust of wind flying though the window breaking the glass, the ground shook. The flowers in my room that I had gathered from the lake trip with Klaus quickly died. I looked towards the door of my room the handle rustling. She was keeping them out. I could feel tears drip down my face from the pain. As they hit the carpet, they burn a hole. It sizzled as my vision grew blurry. My tears were golden. They represented the border of life and death. Then something awoke in me, similar to a clue. I'd seen this trickery before. She was trying to take over my mind, using traveller magic from our past. This is what our parents had taught us, and how she had survived for millenniums. "Is this what you want?" I cried looking into her eyes which were now black and bewitching. "You can't have my mind or my body, I will continue to fight Georgina... even until my last dying breath" I said taking in a sharp breath, my mind was weak but yet I looked to the door again. It flew open, hitting the wall causing a mark on the light brown paint. Elijah and Klaus came rushing in. I turned my head to look up at them and so did Georgina. My hands dropped from Georgina's. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out. I could feel my body fall back, but I was too tired to catch myself. The last thing I remember was strong arms wrapped around me, breaking my fall.