Jeongin's back story

June 12

It was the last day of school and me and my two best friends, Chanhee and Yeosang where walking home. It was pouring, but I forgot to bring my umbrella because I didn't know it was going to rain today. "I can't see a thing." Chanhee whined. "It's too windy!" Yeosang said grabbing onto my arm. "My house is the closest, you guys can stay at my house till the storm slows down." I told them. "We should have took the bus." Chanhee muttered under his breath, crossing his arms.

"Guys?!"

I shouted at them as they headed a different direction. "Guys?!" I shouted again.

"CHANHEE, YEOSANG!" I screamed as I fell into this dark hole. "HELP!!" I kept on falling, but they didn't hear me. I was screaming so loud for them to notice that I needed help. "HELPPP-"

"Jeongin?" Yeosang said waving his hand across my face, and I woke up out of the day dream I was in. "What- what happened? Where am I?" I asked.

"Outside." Chanhee said. "You asked us if we wanted to stay at your house until the storm calms down. Then you just stared into the fog." Yeosang answered. "I think he was dreaming." Chanhee told Yeosang.

"I was?" I said out of breath. "Is everything alright Jeongin?" They asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm fine." I got up and rubbed my eyes. "Are you sure you're okay?" Yeosang continued. "I'm fine." I wasn't fine. Whatever that was, it felt so real.

Yeosang kept on eye on me to make sure it didn't happen again.

Shortly after, we arrived at my house. I lived in a 2 floor villa with my mom. Things were great, we had a house, my mom just got her promotion, I had a part-time job at Dairy Queen, and there was absolutely nothing to worry about.

We didn't struggle with money, since my mom had a high paying job. I hope once I got to college, I will be able to get a job as a fashion designer. It's my dream.

We entered my house, and I noticed the house was empty. "Mom?"

No answer.

"I don't think she's home." Chanhee said. "Her car is in the garage though. She has to be here." I told him.

My mom came out of the back door and quickly shut it. "Oh, Hi boys." She said.

She had tears in her eyes, and she just hung up on whoever she was talking to on the phone. "Mom, are you okay?" I asked. "I'm fine, Jeongin." She wiped the tears off of her eyes, and put on a fake smile. "You have company?" She asked. "Yeah, it's pouring outside. Do you mind if my friends stay here until the rain slows down?" I asked politely. "I don't see why not." She walked away, into the kitchen.

"I hope she's alright." Yeosang said worryingly. "She'll be fine. Let's go!" Chanhee raced up the stairs and into my room. Me and Yeosang looked at each-other and laughed. We ran up the stairs after Chanhee. When we got up there, I heard Chanhee laughing really hard.

"What's so funny?" I asked. "Why do you have so many Day6 posters?" Chanhee asked sucking on a lollipop he got from his book-bag. "You know I love day6. I'm a huge Myday." I said gently putting my hand over the posters, claiming they were mine.

Chanhee jumped on my bed and said, "So what are we gonna do?"

"Homework." Yeosang said sitting at my desk and taking his notebook and social studies book out of his book-bag.

"I'm not doing my homework." Chanhee said giving his whole book-bag to Yeosang. "Can you do mine?"

"No." Yeosang said putting his book-bag on the floor. "Comon! I'm not good at social studies, you know that!"

"To bad, learn a little something." Yeosang said. Chanhee crossed his arms and said, "I'll pay you."

Yeosang looked over to Chanhee like he was interested in the offer. "Are you bribing me?"

"Yes. Is is working?" Yeosang rolled his eyes and said, "Give me your books."

"Thanks Yeosang!" Chanhee gave him his books and hoped back over to my bed. "These LED lights are really cool." Chanhee told me.

"Thanks."

                                     -time skip-

The storm finally slowed down and Chanhee and Yeosang left. I put on one of my favorite songs by Day6, "Love me or Leave me"

Before I could put on my AirPods my mom knocked on the door. "Come in." I said.

"Jeongin, can I talk to you?"

"Sure." She sat at the edge of my bed and started tearing up. "I-" She kept on stopping, she couldn't make out words. "I- I got fired." She said taking a deep breath. "What? Why? How? When?" I couldn't believe it. "What are we gonna do now?" I asked. "I got a new job, it's on the other side of Busan."

My eyes widened. "Does that mean.."

"We're moving."

Words: 835