Chapter 30

Diamonds POV

It was 2am when I finally decided it was time to make my escape. Picking the lock on the door, he really should get a better one if he wants to be kidnapping people and shit, I stealthily made my way to the front door. 

"Hey! What do you think-" I quickly knocked him out, effortlessly if I do say so myself, and opened the door to my much awaited freedom.

"Hey princess," Latavious stood waiting at the bottom of the steps for me with a sinister smirk on his face. "I've been waiting for you. How about you turn your pretty self around and we can do this the easy way, huh?"

Ooooh this was gonna be fun. "Hey bae! I knew you'd wait for me. I'm really sorry can we please just go back inside?" I pouted for extra effect and it seemed to be working. This guy was actually so wet.

"I know you didn't mean it baby, c'mon let's go back."

I stepped forwards and opened my arms, as if wanting a hug and he easily fell for it. Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pretended to hug him as I got my shank ready for slicing and dicing.

"Princess lets-"

"No more princess for you babe." I held the knife at his throat and pressed lightly on it. "And it seems there'll be no more nights for you either," I chuckled at my own small joke.

He started blubbering and begging me to have mercy for him. Then he started calling for his mama and I couldn't take it any more. "Ugh shut the fuck up bitch. You're lucky I can't call the mandem on you. I'll let you go if you shut up." Almost instantly, he mouth slammed shut and the tears dissipated from his eyes. Tonto.

"Okay go then!?" Startled, he turned to flee but I called his name. He turned around and in that split second I threw my dagger at his throat. What can I say, mans got perfect aim.

Smiling, I walked closer to him as I watched in satisfaction of him choking on his own blood. "Night night puta," And with that the light in his eyes finally died.

With the lights starting to turn on throughout the building, there was not time to pick the lock on any of the cars so I smashed my elbow through one of them and hopped in. I can't lie I picked one of the nicest ones, but there was no time to admire it when I had a whole other mandem on my arse.

Stepping on the pedal, I skidded off down the long road after rolling over his corpse and away to my home.

I'd been driving for a while so I decided to pull over and climb to the top of a cliff and relax for a bit. Nobody would be up there at this hour.

Deshaes POV

After hearing the news of Gems kidnapping, I'd flown over as quickly as possible and of course A just had to come with me. He claims he came for 'moral support' but we all knew he was there for Sapphire. Who by the way was completely calm about the situation even when we got the video call from them stating, 'She's fine. She knows more about all of that shit than us.'

I think everyone just eyed her then continued the search for my Gem, while she shrugged and went off with A.

King had been so wary of me when I first arrived, but then clocked that looking for his daughter was more important than having a petty feud with me.

The nightmares were more often the longer Gem was gone and sometimes they were even about her. My support wasn't there, and I was slowly falling.

The black hole which had previously locked shackles on my wrists was returning and I could feel it. The drinking, the smoking, and getting no sleep was becoming a normal routine for me again and no matter how hard I tried to resist, I couldn't.

People were noticing that the old me was coming back but they could do nothing but purse their lips or look at me with sympathy. I hated it. Even King and his wife were starting to look at me with the pity eyes.

 I hated it so much.

As I sat, smoking a blunt, my phone suddenly rang. Lazily, I glanced down at the caller ID to see that it was my mum ringing. Picking up, I put the phone to my ear to hear her soothing voice. "Hey mum."

"Hi baby. How are you handling it?" Tears welled up in my ears and I think she could tell what the answer already was. "No. You can't go back Deshae you can't. I wouldn't be able to bear it."

"...I'm sorry." Two words, yet they held so much meaning.

She began sniffling, trying so hard to hold back her sobs, "What if I told you there was light at the end of this tunnel we live in? What if I told you it was all over years ago? What if I told you how much it would break me if I lost you too?"

I stayed silent. "Baby please! You-you can't! I can't lose one of my babies, not my babies."

I finally answered. "What if I told you it's too late?" The sound of her harsh cries threatened to shatter my already broken soul into further pieces. "I love you mum." I hung up the phone.

The demons were back. They were back to haunt me. Shaking my head, I grabbed my keys and stepped out of my room. "Son...?" King called out to me but I couldn't hear him. I was underwater, I was drowning.

I got into my car and sped off, not even knowing where I was going.

I found myself driving up a cliff and stopping there. A sigh made it's way out my mouth and I got out the car. The edge was so near.

I sat down barely on the edge and pulled another blunt out of my pocket. Lighting it, I inhaled and let the smoke in my lungs distract me from reality.

I was only there for about twenty minutes when I heard rustling behind me. At that point I don't even care.

I let whatever was behind me walk up and sit next to me. I let them grab my blunt and smoke it themselves.

"Hey Shae." A single tear dropped from my eye. The pieces of my world were slowly being put back together by her own hands. The only hands who knew how to.

Maybe there was a light for me. A shiny, priceless one.

"Hey Gem."

Oh my gosh, I don't know why but I started tearing up while writing this chapter. Please vote and comment and there's only like two more chapters of this book left guys. Thanks to everyone who supported me through it and now we're nearly at the end.

-Renée x