6

"Alright, now we can get to know each other without others prying their noses where they shouldn't."

If there was one way to make Hyunjin's heartrate accelerate even more, it was definitely with saying something like that. This entire setting, just the two of them with Chan and Jisung watching over them felt absolutely suffocating. It was as worse of a feeling as when your parents give you 'the talk'.

"I know this might feel... intimidating? But we're here to get to know each other, so lets get along well." He then said in a tone that was much softer than minutes before, almost taking Hyunjin aback.

"Yeah, sure." He responded, still too stunned to really talk as his brain continued to process the situation.

"You guys can sit now as well, you know?" Changbin chuckled softly, glancing up at Chan as he heard a loud sigh coming from behind him.
"Thank god, I was getting bored and tired already." Jisung spoke loudly, sitting down to Changbin's right to keep the spot ment for the queen vacant. Changbin just rolled his eyes as Jisung had a beaming smile on his face, a welcoming sight to Hyunjin as the boy's happiness certainly relieved the tension in the air. Chan hesitated to sit down, clearly not as willing to break the rules.

"Come on Chan hyung, have a seat. Dad isn't going to show up, relax." The prince pressed further, causing Chan to give up and take a seat as well. Hyunjin didn't fail to notice how Changbin used honorifics even when someone with his status certainly didn't have to.

"Now, where are you from?" The prince asked Hyunjin whilst he (finally) picked up his cutlery to start eating.
"Inaru village. It's quite up north and very small, so I'm not sure if you've heard of it."

"Everyone is practically a farmer there, if I'm not mistaken? I'm pretty sure I've heard that name come by in my studies before."

"Yeah, my family and I also work on the fields. It's quite boring work, but it feels good to help everyone out. It's quite a good community, I really enjoy living there." Hyunjin said before realising he wouldn't be living there for a while. A frown settled on his face as he took a bite of his luxurious breakfast. He'd never had beef for breakfast or even for dinner in recent years, so when the flavor went his mouth he shivered in satisfaction. It didn't go unnoticed by either Jisung or Changbin, but neither decided to comment on it.

"I see... do you have a big family?"

"I have four younger siblings, so yes, it's quite a big family. They're all pretty noisy, but that also ment a lot of fun when we were growing up." Hyunjin responded, deciding to keep his little brother's poor health a secret for now. He wouldn't want the prince to see through the true reason why he came here so quickly.

"Sounds like a lot of fun indeed. I'm an only child but thankfully I had Su—Jisung around a lot, so we're pretty much brothers, right?"

"Yup!"

Even though the boy had only just started eating, he was already beginning to feel rather full from the heavy breakfast. Hyunjin's stomach wasn't used to big amounts of food, so he let out a sigh in defeat. He didn't want to stop eating, it was so good but he knew that if he ate more, he'd feel sick for a good part of the day.

"You're already full?" Chan asked, seeing that Hyunjin's plate was still mostly left untouched. The latter nodded, feeling embarrassed that he would waste this much food.

"I'll have Minho let the kitchen staff know to make less for you, he is your personal servant right?" Changbin received a nod to his question. Hyunjin could see the prince roll his eyes and he immediately feared he had somehow frustrated the prince with his answer, but then he saw that he turned his head to Jisung.