Chapter 14

Matt saw the sharp rise and fall of Harper's chest as his fingers lingered on the side of her jaw. He felt her tremble as he deepened the caress. He hadn't intended to touch her - seduce her even. But now, he could think of nothing else.

Some part of him hesitated. If he had any integrity, he'd probably stop by now. She was sick for god's sake. She's a guest in his house. But none of that registered with her standing in front of him looking gorgeous and tousled, cheeks flushed with lips parted. I want to kiss her. I want to -

She swayed slightly towards him, pressed the side of her face into his palm and purred, "Matteo...?"

Her pupils were dilating, covering her ocean blue iris. It sent an invitation that sent every ounce of blood in his body due south. Breathing felt like an effort and it would have taken more strength than he possessed not to lean in and kiss her.

But he did.

Feather-like. Gentle. Just their mouths and his hand on her face connecting them.

And maybe he would have stopped so that they could eat the dinner he'd prepared, but after the slightest of hesitations, she rose onto her toes and flattened herself against his chest. He lost it.

His hands moved to span her waist and curled beneath the fabric of her t-shirt to sweep up and down the smooth skin of her back which in return she gave a whimper. He groaned, angled his head and took the kiss deeper. His tongue circled around her mouth as the hunger inside him threatened to consume them both.

Her hands gripped his fucked-up hair. His hands groped her full, round breasts, her shirt pushed above it.

"Harper..." her name was a deep rasp and she wrenched her mouth from under his as his thumbs caressed both breasts at once. She arched into his hands, her back curving like an archer's bow. He growled at appreciation, removing her bra's clip from her back and letting it fall down to pluck her velveteen flesh more firmly.

Her sensitivity and responsiveness completely undid him, and he lifted her and turned to place her on the marble counter-top.

"Hmm... Matteo."

Her desire-laden moan of his name stalled him. He pulled in a tanker full of air and tried to steady himself as his eyes met hers. He flicked his tongue over his lips and saw her pupils dilate as she watched him.

Forking a hand through her thick waves, he forced her eyes up to his. "Harper, I want to be inside you more than I've wanted anything in my life. Tell me you want the same," he ordered gruffly.

He felt the thrill of desire race through her and her lips parted, her fingernails digging into his shoulders. "Yes... I want the same thing."

Matt's eyes grew heavy with fierce male triumph and his hands confidently moved to the waistband of the sweats she wore, "Lift up."

He dragged the pants down her legs admiring her red lace panties before they dropped to the floor, "Damn, I love your lingerie."

He pushed her thighs wide apart and pulled her forward until her bottom was balanced on the edge of the counter. "Take off your shirt."

She complied and he leaned forward to capture one pointed nipple into his mouth. He suckled her and bit down lightly. His hands steadied her hips as she jerked under the lash of his tongue.

"Beautiful," he breathed. He switched his attention to her other breast, loving the feel of her fingers speared into his hair, holding his head hard, her small whimpers of arousal testing his self-control.

He felt her hips push against his restraining hold and knew she was seeking pressure at her core. Pressure he couldn't wait to give her. He moved one hand between her legs and urged her thighs wider, opening her. His eyes momentarily closing as he reveled in the feel of his hands brushing through her curls over the delicate folds.