⇢9.

"Head over to Musashi Shrine. We're all gathering there."

"Uh...now's not the best–"

And...he hung up. The blonde nervously looked at his girlfriend.

"Sorry, Hina. Draken-kun wants to see me." She simply smiled before turning to Takemichi.

"Then it looks like I'm going with you."

~

~

~

With a single eyebrow arched at his girlfriend's surprising claim, Takemichi's eyes widened a fraction.

"Eh? For real?" Hinata's smile didn't falter.

"Well, he's your friend."

Showing no sign of wavering, the blonde crybaby reluctantly allowed his girlfriend to accompany him. They continued to walk side by side, their steps syncing up later down the sidewalk until Hinata broke the silence.

"Takemichi-kun," he let out a quiet hum, lettering her know she was heard. "What do you consider important?"

"Huh? Important?" A small pout formed on the blonde's lips, his eyes trailing up to the night sky above as he wracked his brain.

"For me," Hina continued in Takemichi's silence. "It's moments like these...where we don't even have to do anything. Just the two of us walking together," her voice grew soft. "Talking about nothing important, just spending time with you."

The further she went into detail, the more Takemichi's steps began to falter until he came to a complete stop. Noticing that her boyfriend was no longer by her side, Hinata halted her movements, craning her neck to peer over her shoulder with a bright smile.

"I hope I get to spend even more time like this with you!"

The blonde wordlessly stared at her, finally getting his thoughts together.

'Time...that's right. What's important to me is saving Hina, who gets killed by Toman in the future!'

----

After a few more blocks, the two finally made it to their designated location, Musashi Shrine.

It was peacefully quiet for the time being, given the fact none of the gang had arrived. Standing at the bottom of a set of stairs, Hina looked around before quirking and eyebrow at Takemichi.

"You guys are meeting here?"

"Mhm."

Bright lights caught the couple's attention, growing brighter as the source drew closer. The rumble of motorcycles shook the ground below as they came closer to the meeting shrine. A drop of sweat ran down Hina's face, peering out at the upcoming Toman members.

"Are you sure this is the place," the girl asked with an understandable level of uncertainty.

"Y-yeah," Takemichi responded with the same amount of hesitancy.
Hina remained behind Takemichi, "They look really scary..."

"D-don't worry. I'm here." Although it didn't sound very convincing. "Just don't stare at them. Who wears biker gang outfit nowadays anyways? And there are so many of 'em." The way the loud bikes and intimidating people surrounded them was nerve wracking.