seven.

❝a lesson in truth❞─── ・ 。゚☆: *

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

a lesson in truth
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"YOU KNOW, CORY HAS BEEN THREATENING ME FOR TEN MINUTES BECAUSE YOU WANDERED OFF." Damon stepped next to Charlotte, regarding her with a bit of irritance simply because her friend had been harassing him over her whereabouts. "You should really get him on a leash,"

She hums, but doesn't look up from the display before her. "I've tried that, believe it or not. He ended up using a butter knife to cut through it."

Damon's eyes widened and he shook his head, wondering how a kid like that had befriended a girl like Charlotte. His blue eyes danced around the room, uninterested in almost everything being put on display to serve the egos of every Council member and founding family in attendance. He dropped his gaze downwards, looking at what had rendered Charlotte silent once more, and when he read the small title card, he suddenly understood her disappearance from the celebration.

"So," He cleared his throat, rocking back on his heels. "Your parents were members of the Council?"

Charlotte finally looked up at him, and he dutifully ignored the glassy sheen to her umber eyes. "Yeah, they, uh, were. Gilberts are a founding family, so we always had to come to stuff like this. Tyler and I usually would just go upstairs to his room or something, but,"

"You crushed his fragile little heart?"

Her lips quirked softly, and she nodded, amusement finally breaking through her sad haze. "You know me, resident heartbreaker at your service."

"I knew that nice thing was just an act," He shook his head, feigning disappointment as Charlotte started to move from her parents' display. "You think you know someone."

"Oh, yeah, because I'm the one deceiving people with my niceness," She raised an incredulous brow at him, though her tone was obviously playful. "What about you, with your whole,"

She waved her hand at his frame, earning a mocking look from Damon.

"My dashing good looks? I know I'm pretty cool about it, but I can't exactly hide them that well."

Charlotte stopped for a second, turning around to fully face him with an incredulous, yet amused look on her face. "Did it take you all 170 years to learn modesty, or is that a new practice you're trying to implement?"

Damon narrowed his eyes at her, failing to come up with a decent retort as her smile suddenly turned smug, leading her to turn back around, clearly satisfied with her success at insulting him.

They lapsed into silence for a moment that was nothing less than peaceful, and Damon rolled his shoulders back, feeling suddenly uncomfortable with the fact that he was so comfortable around her.

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐞𝐧𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐥𝐝 | 𝐝. 𝐬𝐚𝐥𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें