Prologue

It went from a game of paintball to a gruesome fight.

Ekko never liked to lose, especially against Powder. But Powder fell in a well. There was only Jinx.

The loud shot rang in the air, which pulled Ekko out of his thoughts. This was not the same Powder he had played when he was a kid. He now only saw this crazy girl as the person who ruined everything just because she wanted her little bomb to work.

Ekko stopped his watch, and he slid to the sides to avoid Jinx's bullets. He then jumped when Jinx needed to reload, and with a yell he slammed the bat against her head. She fell with a groan. As swiftly as she could she raised her arm, proceeding to shoot at Ekko.

But Ekko was quicker. He pushed the bat to her arm so she could no longer aim at him, and straddled her as he raised his fists.

One punch came, and it came hard.

Jinx ignored the stinging pain and moved her arm to escape from Ekko's grasp as she moved her hands to lift the pole away from her neck, only to have Ekko slam it back down. She grunted out loud while forcefully moving Ekko's head to the left.

That's when the second punch came. Blood poured from Jinx's nose.

Third punch. More blood.

Fourth punch. Jinx was now begging for mercy, choking on her own blood.This time Ekko seemed to be enjoying watching Jinx suffer. It seemed like this was what she deserved. 'I lost Benzo because of you!' He kept thinking

Fifth punch. Jinx felt lightheaded.

Sixth punch. This was it. She'd be done. But It never came.

There was a pause.

"No." She whimpered softly, breathing heavily.

Jinx looked up at Ekko's eyes. Ekko had his fist raised, looking hesitant.

For a moment it seemed as if time stopped working.

Jinx's eyes held fear and sadness. Ekko could now see clearly. She was still Powder.

Ekko's eyes softened as his breathing became more shallow. He held a tiny smile. Jinx exhaled, giving him her own little smile.

For a moment, everything was at peace.

For a moment, everything was fine.

For a moment, everything was normal.

But then something in Jinx's eyes shifted and her soft loving gaze towards Ekko turned apologetic.

She tilted her head to the side, held out one of her own bombs, as she gently let it roll off of her hand.

Ekko looked confused for a moment before realizing what it was. He gasped and backed away. He didn't have enough time and unfortunately for him the bomb went off.

That was their first fight.