28: WELCOME TO ORPHEUS! WHERE WE KILL EACH OTHER FOR FUN!

28: Welcome to Orpheus, where we kill each other for fun!

Izanagi.

Orpheus Training Grounds. 17:33.

I was supposed to knock on the room where Snow imprisoned Horus but the door bursted open and Rindelle Snow, carrying Maximillion like a human baby, went out. I peeked inside but it was too dark for me to make out Horus somewhere there.

“Missed me?” Snow cutely shoved Maxi on my face while making cute penguin noises. My left eye twitched.

“As if. K went out, someone told him that Inspector is awake. We wanted to visit her but didn’t know if it was the right time.” I cleared my throat, trying to avert my gaze from Maximillion. Rindelle Snow is totally enjoying my reactions, isn’t he?

“Don’t bother. K will take care of it.” Snow beamed at me, taking mercy by hugging Maximillion close to his chest and finally away from my face. “Besides, you have more troubles to take care of.”

“Where’s Horus? What happened?”

Snow shrugged. “He’s passed out. Overloaded. His last words were: ‘gusto ko ng stainless steel na sabon,’.”

That does sound like Horus so I shrugged too and followed Snow towards where my friends were.

“How did Horus fare?” Deus asked curiously while he was laid on the floor, face down. His bruises still covers his skin like another layer. I feel bad for him, a little.

“Better than you, I’d say,” Snow replied with a smug smirk on his face.

Deus grunted and with effort, tried to look up at Snow. “What was his training?”

“It’s a secret.” Snow shrugged and looked at me and Freya, then at Hades. “Felix’s and Natalie’s training will start at five, get ready. And you.” My eyes crossed when he pointed at my face. “Come with me.”

“Jesus,” I muttered distastefully. I can’t believe a kid smaller and younger than me is telling me what to do. My pride will not allow it. I heard Deus chuckle beneath me so I kicked his head and didn’t look back. I heard him wish me luck but I can’t seem to give a fuck. The other two didn’t complain much too maybe because they’re nervous. But they were playing ‘Nanay Tatay’ so I guess they’re not as pressured as I thought.

“Where are we going?” We’ve been walking away from the training grounds and I’ve been spacing out. Hindi rin kasi nagsasalita si Snow kaya hindi ko napansin.

“We have to talk about your powers, Johanne.” He stopped walking, so did I. I looked around and we’re just standing in the hallways . . . are the halls always this long? Why do I feel like I don’t see the end?

I heard Rindelle Snow chuckle so I looked at him. “Are you done assessing the situation? Bit slow, huh?”

“What?”

“Let’s think of it this way,” Rindelle Snow said with a strange smile that I felt the creeps. He held Maximillion’s flippers and twirled around like a cute kid. He’s been playing with my emotions ever since earlier, what’s his deal? Pretending to be cute, what a scam. “I pulled you in another dimension so you can be stuck in here forever.”

“What bullshit is that?”

He pretended to think deeply and then pouting. “If I pulled you into another dimension, what happens to the dimension that you were originally in?”

“Why are we talking quantum physics?”

He sighed like he’s tired of me. “Look around, Johanne.”