7 Top-selling Smartphones in the World

The preferences of consumers, especially when it comes to mobile devices, are continuously changing. That's why mobile phone brands kept on releasing devices that come with improvements and new features.

What consumers need is something new and unique. They want smartphones with high-resolution cameras, quicker processors, and stylish looks. They want new options as they grow tired of the monotony.

With those in mind, mobile phone brands continue to manufacture devices that will cause them to stand out against competitors. Looking into the sales in 2019 and 2020, you will find that they have dropped a bit compared to the sales in 2018. The cause is market saturation and other factors.

If you are asking, what is the ? The answer is Samsung. This ranking is dependent on several factors, like shipments, sales, and profits.

Samsung has shipped 394 million handsets and generated a revenue of 211.2 billion USD. Some of the best Samsung smartphone models include the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2; Galaxy Z Flip 5G; Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G; Galaxy Note 20 5G; Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G; among others.

Samsung was ranked as the number one smartphone brand in the world in 2021

Samsung was ranked as the number one smartphone brand in the world in 2021. (Photo credit: libn.com)

What are the seven top-selling smartphones in the world this year?

While Samsung is the top smartphone brand worldwide, you will find that the in 2021 is not under this company.

Here is the list of the :

iPhone 12. During the first quarter of 2021, this device was the highest selling smartphone in the world. The iPhone 12 made for five percent of the total smartphone sales in the same period. This data is according to the report from Counterpoint.
Despite the release of the iPhone 13 lineup, the iPhone 12 is still a solid phone. It could take great photos for mobile photography. With 5G networks rolling out across the globe fast, this device will make you future-proof since it supports 5G connectivity. It means that you will get the 5G's faster speeds and more robust connectivity.
The iPhone 12 can also connect to an enormous range of 5G frequencies. It means that if there is a 5G signal where you are, you will be capable of connecting to it.
Apple added MagSafe to this mobile device, which is interesting. This magnetic connection tech allows you to attach things to your iPhone 12, such as a charger or a case. It can also tell what devices or accessories linked to your phone before through a "special chip."
Moreover, MagSafe enables faster and more accurate charging of your iPhone 12.

iPhone 12 Pro Max. While this device is the most expensive in the iPhone 12 lineup, the iPhone 12 Pro Max also stood as the number two in smartphone sales globally in the first quarter of 2021.
The iPhone 12 Pro Max is a powerful device equipped with one of the lengthiest battery life among Apple's iPhone devices. It has top-notch cameras that are pretty handy for mobile phone photographers. And with the arrival of iOS 15, you will get the opportunity to enjoy several new features, such as new functionalities, improved Apple Maps, more nuanced Messages, and SharePlay.
This mobile device comes with a premium-looking design and muted colors, giving the iPhone 12 Pro Max a more industrial look. And with its 6.7-inch screen, you get to be more entertained when watching your favorite movies.