Cut off

"Jen, please. You know I can't even afford to live without this job. I promise I'll never be late again!" I pleaded with my manager.
"No, Y/n! I've given you chance after chance and you still continue to show up late to work. This is the tenth time this month! We just can't keep you. I'm sorry." Jennifer put her hand on my shoulder and gave me a sympathetic look. I heard a little giggle come from behind me. I turned to see Molly and Jess giggling while making glances towards me.
"Ignore them. They've always been jealous of you, love. I could maybe help you out a little until you can find some money." Jen said in a hushed voice.
"Thanks, but no thanks, Jenny. Let me just get my stuff and I'll go."

I brush past Jen to go to the back break room. I grabbed my bag and phone from my employee locker before walking back onto the main floor of the fashion boutique with my head held high.
"We're really gonna miss you Y/n." Molly chuckled before bursting into laughter.
"Yeah. For sure!" Jess cackled.

"Hey, Jen!" I yelled. She turned to me as I was half way out the door.
"Molly slept with your brother and Jess has been stealing from the registers!" I smirked at the spoiled bitches, see there faces go white, then walked out to the parking lot, a proud look adorning my face. But that proud look turned to tears as I pulled out of the parking lot and the realization of my firing hit me like a ton of bricks. What do I do now?

"I don't know what to do, mom!"
"Honey, I'm sorry, but I can't do anything! You made a promise to me and your father that you would be independent and make your own money, instead of getting money from us." My mother yelled into the phone.
"Mom, you and daddy are rich! You can't loan me a hundred bucks?" I shout, frustrated.
"I won't let you break your own promise."
'Lady, you are really starting to piss me off!'
"I know I made a promise mom, but what am I supposed to do when I just lost my job and I'm gonna start running out of money soon?"
"Figure it out. Love you, princess."
And with that, she hung up on me.

Once I stepped foot in my apartment I flopped down on the couch and screamed into the throw pillows.
"Hard day, huh?" My roommate, Kenzy, asked.
"The worst. I got fired and my parents have officially cut me off." Kenzy hissed and gave me   a sorry look.
"Ouch. That must sting. I'm sorry, babe. I'll tell you what, I just got a raise. I can pay for your part of the rent until you get back on your feet."
"Are you for real right now, Kenz?"
"As real as real can be." I give her a tight hug.
"Thank you so fucking much, Kenzy. I don't deserve you." She kisses my head and ruffles my hair.
"No problem, kiddo."

Me and Kenz sat on the couch, eating Chinese food and watching tv, and while I look on my laptop for jobs Kenzy texted her boyfriend.
"How the asshole?"
"He's not an asshole. And he's good." She chuckled.
"Haven't seen him in awhile. Remind me, how did you mean him?" I asked, my eyes fixed on my laptop screen.
"It was awhile ago on some sugar baby website." She reminded me. Kenzy's boyfriend used to be her sugar daddy, I don't know why she needed one. She's been making bank at her job since she was 20. Now she's 25 and practically almost a millionaire so why the hell does she take me, an annoying 20 year old in? I truly don't know.
I honestly think getting with a sugar daddy was just for the thrill of it. She is that type I guess. A thrill seeker.

The living room was dead silent then Kenzy got that look on her face. The look that says 'I'm a fucking genius'.
"That's it." She said.
"What's it?" I asked.
"You should be a sugar baby!"
I bust into laughter. 'Is this bitch for real?'
"Oh, Kenzy, you always know how to make me laugh."
"Y/n I'm being serious. Do you realize how many lonely, rich people there are out there, looking for someone to pamper and someone to take care of who is like ten years younger than them?" She was serious? This bitch really is crazy.
"Look, I love you babes, really I do, and no judgment, but if I wanted to be with someone like your boyfriend I would have fucked him a long time ago."
"First off, rude. Second, it's really not that bad. And if someone creeps you out, you can just block them. Third, do you really wanna go through the process of getting another crap retail job?" She had a point. It was easier than getting a job.
"Fine! I'll do it."
'It can't be that bad. Right?'

Chapter one is done! This book is detected to Richgirlgx01 so thank you for giving me this idea, love. I hope I did a decent job with this first chapter.
Xoxo -C