Chapter 2 (two): Joining the DSMP

ASPEN POV

All that was on my mind right now was the interview I had last night. My mom knew I was a streamer and had done that interview. My friends knew, too.

It was the last period of the day. The last 5 (five) minutes of the school day. I had gone into the groupchat with all of my very close friends. I had gotten spammed throughout class in that groupchat. Everyone was asking me if I was told yet.

slamdunkdog: still haven't found out yet but i will when i get home

I put my phone back in my pocket. 2 (two) minutes until the bell rang. I started counting down. 1 (one) minute until the bell rings. Then, 5 (five)... 4 (four)... 3 (three)... 2 (two)... 1 (one)... then the bell rang. I went as fast as possible outside, found my mom's car, and got in.

Soon, we were home. I had done all of my homework at school. I went to my room, set my things down, turned on my lights for my setup, grabbed my lunchbox from my backpack, and went downstairs and prepared my lunch to put in my lunchbox tomorrow. I got some snacks and went to my room. I sat down in my gaming chair and booted up Minecraft. I went into the groupchat. Everyone was waiting for me to say something.

slamdunkdog: Just got home. Booting up Minecraft right now. Y'all should find out in about 5 (five) minutes. Sorry if it's more.

I saw that I had a message in Discord. It was from Dream. He sent me an invite to a different server. It was titled, '???'. Which confused me. He also told me not to stream. I replied back.

slamdunkdog: Hi! Sorry! Was at school all day, today! Just saw this! I will be joining now.

I waited a few minutes before clicking 'Join Server/Game'. I was prepared to be told that I would not be joining the dsmp.

"Surprise!" Everyone said at the same time. They all shot an arrow at me which killed me.

"Aw! [bleep]!" I said.

"Language!" Badboyhalo said to me.

"I forgot my headphones were at full volume!" I said. "Anyways, what's this for? What's the surprise?"

"After some consideration..." George said.

"We decided that you were a perfect fit for the dsmp!" Tommy said.

"So, welcome to the dsmp!" Dream said.

"Wait..." I said. I didn't believe them. Well, I don't want to. "What?"

"Ah. Yes." Ranboo said. "Just as I expected. It's in disbelief."

"You are one of the newest members of the dsmp!" Sapnap said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes." Techno said.

"Wait, but, who is the other one?" I asked.

"A girl named Apple." Aimsey said.

(This is how I'm adding izu__bunni's oc, okay? Also, ignore that the username might not be spelled correctly.)

"Oh." I said. I kinda forgot there were two spots (me trying to escape having to edit the first chapter a little). "Okay."

"Yeah!" Philza said. "You'll meet her tomorrow, though!"

"Yay! Thank you so much!" I said. I was excited.

DSMP POV

So, yesterday we did interviews. Our last interview was this teenager named Aspen. After their interview, we figured out that they were exactly what we were looking for. So, we decided to bring them into the dsmp.

Dream created a different server that we would be inviting Aspen to to tell them the news. But, first, we had to set it up. It was put on survival and peaceful. Then, Dream invited all of us to the server.

"Okay," Dream started. "We have-"

He stopped to think.

"Wait, what time is it where they live?" He said before searching it up. "Okay, it's 12:00 (twelve o'clock) P.M. where they live. They get out of school at 3:15 (three:fifteen) P.M. where they live. So, we have until about 4 (four) to get this setup to surprise them before they get home."

We ended up building some things, mining, etc. Just trying to make it seem like a normal Minecraft world. Felt like we were making a new world and it felt kinda nice.

TIMESKIP...

Something must have happened because before we knew it. Dream said that they were about to join and had to go back to spawn.

"Already?" Tubbo said.

"That went by quick." Aimsey said.

After a few minutes, 'slamdunkdog has joined the game' appeared in chat.

"Surprise!" We all shouted at the same time. We all shot an arrow at them which killed them.

"Ah! [bleep]!" Aspen said.

"Language!" Badboyhalo shouted at him.

"I forgot my headphones were at full volume!" They said. "Anyways, what's this for? What's the surprise?"

"After some consideration..." George said.

"We decided that you were a perfect fit for the DSMP!" Tommy said.

"So, welcome to the DSMP!" Dream said.

"Wait..." Aspen said in disbelief.

"Ah. Yes." Ranboo said. "Just as I expected. It's in disbelief."

"You are one of the newest members of the DSMP!" Sapnap said.

"Really?" They asked.

"Yes." Techno said.

"Wait, but, who is the other one?" They asked.

"A girl named Apple." Aimsey said.

"Oh." He said. "Okay."

"Yeah!" Philza said. "You'll meet her tomorrow, though!

"Yay! Thank you so much!" Xey said.