2 | ブラザーズ

SHE ALMOST LAUGHED at the absurdity. Most men terrified her. And with good reason. So why wasn't she screaming the house down? Why was she laying there staring at him like she'd love nothing more than to strip him down to those cowboy boots? She should be making a mad dash out the door.

Instead, she curled her fingers around the shirt he offered, flushing madly when his hand touched hers briefly. Fire lit his eyes and burned a trail down her flesh as his gaze raked up and down her body.

"I'll leave you to dress," he said. "When you're done, come on out to the living room and warm up by the fire."

"T-thank you," she stammered.

As soon as he left the room, she scrambled up, shedding the towel and yanking on the shirt. It hung to her knees, the sleeves dwarfing her arms. She rolled up each one so her hands were free.

She sat on the edge of the bed and pulled on the sweats. When she stood, they fell to her ankles. Hiking them back up, she pulled at the drawstring, trying to make the monstrous pants stay up. They promptly fell back down, and she growled in irritation.

Well, he'd seen her in a lot less. At least the shirt covered most of her. Hopefully her clothing would be dry soon.

She snuck a glance in the mirror over the dresser and winced at her appearance. Her hair was a mess, and the dye job was awful.

It certainly hadn't achieved the desired effect of altering her appearance.

Straightening her shirt, she pulled it as far down her legs as she could and hesitantly walked out of the bedroom door.

She moved down the hallway, looking left and right. At the end, she stopped and stared in embarrassment into the living room.

Three men, not just one, stared at back at her. Three gorgeous, hulking men. And here she stood in nothing more than a shirt. She started to retreat, but the man who had bathed her crossed the room and caught her elbow.

"Don't be afraid. I'm Taehyung, by the way." He led her further into the living room despite her reluctance. "These two are my brothers, Jimin and Jungkook."

She eyed them nervously and hung back, hoping Taehyung 's body would shield her from view. "You didn't say anything about brothers."

"I told you the name of the ranch," he said in amusement.

He reached behind him and squeezed her hand in his. "Don't worry, baby. No one's going to hurt you."

She shivered. Not from fear, but from the sex appeal in his voice. How could a complete stranger make her feel so safe? She licked her lips. "I'm Jennie," she said in just above a whisper.

One of the two brothers rose from the couch and walked over to her, reaching behind Taehyung and gently pulling her forward. "Come over by the fire and get warm." His husky voice filtered over her like fine chocolate.

Oh Lord, she must be dreaming. "Which one are you?" she asked, hesitating for a moment.

"I'm Jungkook." He smiled broadly at her. He tugged slightly on her hand, and she allowed him to lead her closer to the fire.

Jungkook coaxed her into an armchair next to the fire, and she drew her legs underneath her. She stretched her hands to the fire, letting the warmth seep into her body.

She was nervous as a cat in a dog kennel. All of them were staring at her. She could feel them. Had they all seen her naked? Was that why they were looking at her with such intensity?

Taehyung walked over to stand by the fire. "What happened to you, Jennie? Why were you lying in the ditch? You weren't even dressed for the weather."

She tensed, unsure of how to answer. Her mind raced to come up with a plausible excuse. "My car broke down further down the mountain. I got out to find help. I must have fallen. I don't really remember."

Most of it was the truth. Actually, all of it was, but she wasn't going to go into any more detail than she had to.
"Are you sure you're all right?" Jimin spoke up for the first time.

He looked closely at her as if trying to peel her secrets right out of her head. He was quieter than the other two and more serious looking by far.

"I'm fine. Really." She looked up at taehyung. "Will my clothes be dry soon? I should be going."

Jimin surged to his feet. Jungkook tensed, and Taehyung 's expression darkened.

"I don't think you should be going anywhere in this weather," tae said firmly.

Jungkook nodded. "There's no reason you can't stay here until you're feeling better. Jimin and I will go look for your car and tow it here if we need to."

Uncertainty made her hesitate. Logically, she should get the hell out while the getting was good, but she felt safe here, and she was tired of running.

She looked down at her hands and tried to control the shaking. She was so damn tired, and she couldn't remember the last time she'd eaten.

Taehyung knelt beside the chair and cupped her chin in his large hand. "You don't have to go anywhere, baby. You can stay right here. We'll take care of you."

If she'd thought she couldn't become more aroused, she'd been dead wrong. Though he voiced the offer in gentle tones, she didn't miss the command. He wanted her to stay.

"I...I don't know." She closed her eyes, a wave of dizziness swamping her. She struggled to open them again, but the room swirled around her. Then it went dark.