Five

Shravya P.O.V

Since my high school days I have heard from all my elder cousins that college life is one of the most remarkable and lovable times of an individual's life. This part of life exposes us to a whole new set of experiences. For some people, college life means to enjoy life to the fullest and partying hard. While for others, it's the time to get all serious about their career and study thoroughly for a brighter future. 

This one month of college has really bought the best out of me. I feel like I have started living my life in a new way. Everything is a perfect blend of joy and hardships. It might be good, it might be bad, it might be weird, and it might not interest you, but we must expect anything to happen anytime. You meet different people, you interact with them, you learn about their cultures and grow as a person. You will understand how to talk to different people, how to judge their behavior and so on.

Me and Niha have become good friends now, I guess best friends. Once I get close to someone I become entirely a new person. I let my guard down and get all comfy around that person.

Today we both had lab sessions for our last hour and Niha messaged me that she would wait for me near the canteen after her class. Right now I'm looking for her, but she is no whereto be found. I started walking looking for her . I suddenly noticed her near the ATM with her back facing me. I guess she's talking to someone. I walked towards her and called her out . As she turned towards me and that's when I noticed that she was talking with two tall guys .All the three pairs of eyes looked out for me and one among them called me I was rooted to the spot and both the boys held my gaze. 

"Oh god I am in trouble"

Niharika POV

It's no wonder people say college is the best time of their lives. The one month I spent here taught me that you build friends, have fun, enjoy, travel, and most importantly, explore new things. Despite a few things I needed to get done during the first week, I have enjoyed this month very much. On weekends I will be at home. As Shravya and I have become good friends, we spend a lot of time together, whether in class or at the hostel. Now, she is more comfortable with me.

As of right now, I have lab hours, and I have already completed the assigned experiment, but they refuse to let me leave. Shravya went to another lab. And Rohit, my lab partner, is a jerk. That guy is always flirting in the lab. I don't know what sin I committed in my last birth to make him my partner. It's ridiculous. In addition to everything else, I have to tolerate his flirting. My only reason for tolerating him is that he is my teacher's dearest student, and if he is with me, she will sign my record easily. 

While I was pondering ways to kill Rohit, our class was dismissed. There is still half an hour left before Shravya arrives, so I decided to go to the ATM and wait near canteen for her. 

As I was walking towards the ATM somebody called me. Well, it's two guys.

Oh My God are they gonna rag me.

Calm down Niha you are well prepared for these things, remember you have already prepared a few songs if they ask you to sing.

Chill. It's not like they are gonna eat you or something.

What if they eat me. Oh god pls help me.

I was contemplating whether or not to run when the first guy smiled at me and asked

"What's your name?

Niha he smiled at you, don't worry I don't think he is gonna do anything, come on answer him.

"Niharika"

"You are a newbie?"

"Yes,"

"Which department?"

"EC" 

After a moment of silence, the second one said, "I'm Atharv, I'm in my third year of the same department". His voice was warm and soothing, which calmed my nerves. Then the other guy interrupted and said, "Hai, I'm Yash." " Where are you from?" "Delhi, itself" "Oooh, we are too" and the conversation went on.

Though I thought they would rag me, they turned out to be sweethearts. They are both very friendly and funny. Especially Atharv. I guess I have made friends with my seniors. They just wanted to catch up. Just then, I heard someone calling me. It was Shravya. She looked at me with a worried expression. From the way she looks, I believe she thought they were ragging me. As she stared at me in fear, Yash called out to her to come and stand next to me. The two are trying to prank her, I think. "What's your name?" Yash asked very rudely,

"Shravya"

"Where are you from?"

"Kerala"

"Why did you join here then"

" My brother is working here"

"Niharika how do you know her"

I decided to play along with them

"Voo, she is my classmate and roommate"

"Ooh, so you are also from our dept"

Athrav, on the verge of laughing, remained silent the entire time

"So shravya sing a song"

" I don't know"

"I didn't ask you if you know or not"

"Please I don't know"

"M

Hmm, then Niharika you sing a song on her behalf"

"Which type, Hindustani, Carnatic or western"

Atharv couldn't contain his laughter and soon both me and Yash joined him.

"Hi Shravya, I'm Atharv, and this is my friend Yash. We just want to get to know our juniors and we won't rag on them"

"Oooh.... I...."

"It's ok"

"Okay, Niharika, Shravya, we'll see you soon. "

"Bye"

"Both of them seem really cool, don't you think? I thought they were going to bully me, but turns out they just wanted to know us."

"Niha, I told you to wait near the canteen, what are you doing here?"

"Voo... shrey, My class got over early so I thought by the time your class will be over I will take some money from the ATM, but then Yash and Athrav came."

"Hmm... Next time message me about your plans"

"Okay, sorry I forgot about that"

"It's okay, I got worried that's why"

"Next time I will keep it in mind, Chalo... Let's go to the hostel and have some gharma gharam tea "

"But you wanted to take money?"

"I will take it tomorrow, let's go" 

**********************************

Hi peepz🌝🤩,

Chapter 5 is here. 

Please do vote and comment.
Till next update Bye👋🏻😘