PROLOGUE

The Cullens weren't usually taken off guard

With Alice's and Edward's gifts, it was rare that something happened without them already knowing. But not even the seer and mind reader could've prepared the family for him.

Alice had been so focused on Jaspers future, wanting to see when their diet would become easier for her lover, that she completely missed the talk of a new girl in town. She completely missed the fact that the new girl had a brother and despite them both being human, they would steal the Cullen's hearts, and refuse to give them back.

Alice didn't see that in the future she and Jasper would fall in love for the second time in their lives. But when she finally relaxed, allowing herself to take a break from Jasper's future, she was caught off guard by what she saw. Unknowingly being the first and last vision she would ever get with her and Jasper's shared mate in it.

"Hello I'm Rory Swan" a boy with short blond hair whispered politely to her while Alice sat in the seat next to him.

Alice smiled softly before replying in a gentle voice "I'm Alice Cullen, if you don't have anywhere else to sit at lunch I welcome you to sit with my family and I!"

The boy looked stunned for a moment before smiling once more "I would love to"

Alice could already tell that Rory Swan would be important to her entire family but mostly to her and Jasper.

Alice was caught off guard by the vision yet fully accepted its contents with small apprehension and confusion, why is this boy so important to her and her mate? What purpose will he have in all of their lives?

Edward was confused as well, as a mind reader he is always able to see the visions that Alice receives when she doesn't block him out. Edward had a feeling that he knew this boy, forgetting the mention that his last name was Swan, the boy looked all too familiar and Edward just couldn't place where he had seen him from.

The Cullens really were in for a shock. Who knew that a small human boy could have such a large impact on a family of vampires.