After the Leave

POVS will switch a lot
——————————————

Shion POV
It was hard seeing Nezumi just walk away after he- it's hard not to think about.

He was the one that never wanted me to leave to his side and now look what he does. And for what?

I sigh as realization finally looms over me. There's a rare chance I won't see him again huh?

I'm broken out of my thoughts by a high squeak, I realize it's one of Nezumi's rats.

I chuckle as the rat rubs against my cheek. I'm glad Nezumi decided to leave some physical part of him. Even though he probably wanted me to forget him, for the best.

Well he's an idiot because I'm not forgetting him that easily. Especially because he was my first- no! That's enough Shion. It's sunset and I need to get home-

Home? Home.. do I even have one anymore after all that chaos? Oh right, with my fantastic mom. How could I forget? I guess I was stuck in Nezumis little home for a while.

Right right my mom will be more worried sick, after that whole show with that queen bee type creature.

I started making my way back to the broken walled city. With a piece of Nezumi, aka one of his rats that liked me.

The walk is farther then I thought, and by the time I even get past the broken wall the sun is about gone. Hopefully the street lights turn on quickly as I have no source of light otherwise.

Luckily they do so I start to maneuver throughout the streets I can still recognize. It's dark for a while until I get to the not as luxurious part of the city. Not that I mind, because it holds my lovely home with my mom and her bakery. Just thinking of all the pastries is making me hungry.

I quicken my pace and I soon get there. I find the extra key and let myself in. I call out that I'm home. Which feels nice.

I hear a soft pitter patter which I can assume is my mom coming down the stairs. Once she sees me she tackles me in a hug and tears start streaming down her face.

"Oh my dear Shion you're back! For good I hope!" my mom said as she hugged me tighter.

I could feel my own walls crumbling down so I tightly hug her back, and let my emotions out. She would understand of course, she's as warm and lively as the sun.

We comfort each other, and then we finally break from our longing hug.

"What happened to your friend Shion? Why isn't he here?" my mom lightly asks.

Ah, right I would have to break that news. "He's gone off on his own, he said it was for the best" I say.

My mom slightly gasped and then sighed. "My that's a shame, I wanted to give him a few treats on the house, for all he's done."

Right, he did a lot of things that are worth appreciating. Taking me in and protecting me, dealing with my annoying self and stupidity at times, helping me take down the correctional facility, and stopping that spirit guardian from killing off humanity.

Okay now that I think of it Nezumi has done so much more then I gave him credit for.

"Yeah, it is a shame." I say with a soft smile to my mom.

"Now you know how late it is, you need proper sleep Shion. Don't want you getting you all weak, especially not with me around." my mom said.

I chuckle lightly and smile with a nod. I drag myself upstairs and get out of my dirty clothes. As I'm putting on a new shirt I pause taking in the stripes around my body once again.

They really are pretty, like a snake. A lying deceiving-

Hey now, what are you thinking now Shion? It's just a saying on how snakes are manipulative- alright stop it Shion you did nothing wrong.

I quickly pull my new shirt down so now I can only see the mark on my neck and face. Honestly, I look like a mysterious mythical creature. I feel special, and it's nice.

Tiredness is now creeping up on me, I should sleep, tomorrow is a whole new day, basically a new beginning I should say.

Nezumi's rat, that I'll now name Mozart, crawled back on top of my shoulder as I sit down. I find one of my socks and kinda open it and put it on my bedside table. I let Mozart run down my arm and sit cozily in the opening of the sock. Feels weird to see but he has to comfy too. I lay down wondering about my future.

——————
Nezumi POV (right after he left)

I do my best not to look back, I can't. I already made my decision. Shion will be fine, he can handle himself now without me babying him. Besides he'll have his "perfect" little life in the city again what's not to enjoy.

I roll my eyes at my own thought. That city was always a piece of shit.

Made Shion see the city of its true colors, he helped me destroy the correctional facility, tore down the walls. That's all I needed from him.

Just a simple paying back the favor of taking him in.

He stayed too long anyway, now I have to adjust to being by myself again. Shouldn't take too long since I did that all the other years of my life. Nothing too special.

Who am I kidding? I don't even believe myself and I'm supposed to be an expert at lying.

It's fine, we'll somehow see each other again, that's just bound to happen. I'm a wanderer, while he will stay.

He'll be alright. I know of it.

I should stop worrying about the little things, Shion is a surprisingly capable individual, and it scares me. He's also very unpredictable.

I keep walking in the opposite direction of the sunset, mostly looking for a nice spot to sit down from, like a nice tree.

Since I'm not near the city much anymore there's still scraps of the forest here, where my origins started, and made me realize just how corrupt humanity is.

I soon find a non burnt tree to lay under, the wind slightly picking up to create a nice calm breeze. My little rat companions coming out of my jacket and resting on my shoulders.

I feel.. calm? Calm? I don't think I've felt truly calm in a long time. I guess this makes me feel free, which feels great. It's just.. lonely. Huh.

————————————————————————————
1136 words
thanks for reading this first chapter, I'll try and get more chapters out quickly
-Mich