24

The morning rolled around pretty quickly and I was up and ready. Mae and Jade hadn't so much as uttered a word to me and it broke my heart but I couldn't convince them, not anymore.

Tyler's birthday is in a week. He doesn't really wanna do anything, especially because Anna isn't here, but I'm planning on baking a cake for him. It's the least I can do, considering he's going to be gone soon.

Avril says we should be leaving in a week and I should be ready by then. She isn't forcing me to go, but it was my choice. Ollie said he was coming too and he also tried convincing Mae and Jade. Mae was contemplating on whether she should come or not but Jade was dead set on not going.

"Do you think it's a good idea to go and leave Jade here" Jared asked me.

He arrived here a little while ago with a cake. I ate a little bit and gave the rest to Mae and Jade and the others.

"I mean....I've tried convincing her, but she wouldn't even let me get so much as a word out and Mae won't go if Jade isn't going. Even Ollie tried but she wouldn't budge" I sighed.

"Do you think I should try, it could work" he looked at me with hope glinting in his brown eyes.

"Go crazy"

He went towards the room and I crossed my fingers, hoping and praying she would come to her senses.

~~

"That was..........brutal" Jared sighed as he closed the door to the room.

I sprinted towards him, my fingers crossed.

He sighed again and a frown enveloped his face. He shook his head and my world crumbled.

"I tried April, but she won't listen. Mae even tried convincing her but she still persisted. I'm sorry April, I tried"

He sighed again in defeat and slumped on the couch. I sighed and walked towards him.

"I'm sorry April" he said and wrapped an arm around my shoulder.

"For what?"

"For not trying hard enough"

"Well Jared" I started. "there's nothing to be sorry about. You tried your best and I am forever grateful for everything you have done for me. I love you Jared"

My eyes widened at the realization of what I just said and his breath hitched. I pulled myself off him and looked at him.  He was looking at me with surprise and astonishment.

He then leaned down slowly and pressed his lips against mine. The kiss was soft and sensual, passionate and sweet. Our lips moved in perfect harmony and I cupped his face with his hand on my waist.

He pulled away a while later and stared into my eyes.

"I love you April, more than you know, forever"

He leaned in and kissed me again and I smiled.

We abruptly pulled away when we heard claps and whoops.

I looked behind me to see Oliver and Tyler standing there along with Mae and Myron and Matthew. They were clapping, whooping and whistling. I felt my cheeks heat up and a sheepish smile spread across my face.

"Finally" Oliver said. "They are finally together, yeah?".

I looked at Jared to see him staring at me. He raised an eyebrow and I nodded at him. He smiled and hugged me and they cheered again.

I was starting to feel hopeful again.